Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Workplace Advisor located in San Ramon, CA California or Houston, TX/United States through September 27, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Workplace Strategy Advisor reports to the Manager of Workplace Strategy and is responsible for incorporating industry trends, best practices and internal learning to develop and advance Chevron’s Workplace Strategy. The Workplace Strategy Advisor educates clients and peers located in domestic and overseas locations about the fundamental business value of a principled workplace and the new procedures, concepts, systems and corporate wide guidelines related to Workplace Strategy and design. The positions is critical to coordinating the Workplace Strategy Team and Regional Planning Team to evolve and drive workplace standards, processes and programs that support Chevron’s business operations in the development of the physical work environment.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Along with manager leads the evolution of Chevron’s Workplace Strategy and will influence and establish direction for all overall Workplace Strategy application
- Collaborates with Workplace Strategy core team to define strategic approach for Chevron’s Workplace Strategy
- Identifies applicable workstyles and programs that support individual and team performance
- Advances workflow programming tool to establish workplace that directly supports business processes.
- Directs procedures, concepts, systems and corporate wide guidelines related to Workplace Strategy and design.
- Along with Corporate Architect is Responsible for assisting in the development of the Workplace Strategy Toolkit including business case, principles, design guidelines, process, governance, workstyles, performance metrics, and curation of central repository of workplace standards.
- Coordinates Workplace Strategy with best practices for IT capabilities, tools, devices, integration, along with furniture and fit-up.
- Works with Portfolio Manager, Regional Planning and Corporate Architect to review and analyze data to establish density, ratios and parameters in development of optimize space
- Engages and enrolls business units to adopt new workplace designs and methods of working to improve organizational effectiveness / productivity.
- Analyzes data on space utilization and future demand to establish density and optimize space
- Partners with domestic and international Facility Management teams to dialogue to strategize with business in the development of current and future workplace direction.
- Responds to internal and external requests concerning Chevron workplace strategy and programs.
- Works closely with CBRES IT and ITC to share best practices and to increase awareness of global needs
- Bachelor’s degree in design related field
- 4+ years experience in workplace design, furniture systems, IT systems integration and office fit-up
- 4+ years experience in development of workplace standards, specifications, processes and tools
- Capabilities in workflow programming, workplace sustainability, governance, measurement and validation
- Focus on enhancing business performance
- Bachelors of Architecture degree
- 5+ years of architectural practice in office design
- Architectural work focused on Workplace Strategy
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions: Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.