Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Binhai Office, Tianjin Shi, China
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. In Downstream China, our business focus on lubricants and additives.
With leading experience in product innovation, client value for more than one century, Chevron lubricants provide products and services under Chevron, Texaco, Caltex brand for over 100 countries globally.
Chevron Oronite, a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, is a world-scale developer, manufacturer and marketer of lubricant and fuel additives and chemicals. Our product are designed to help enhance the performance and extend the life of many types of transportation and industrial equipment. The success of our global organization is driven by our 2,000 employees working in research and development, manufacturing, supply chain, and sales and marketing across 14 countries.
We believe that talents, partnerships and performance are the keys to making us a major international energy company. Chevron provides a dynamic working environment which allows our employees to perform their best.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Accounting Supervisor located in Binhai Office , Tianjin /China ,
This position will supervise overall accounting of CTLC including general/cost accounting, A/P, A/R, Treasury, Tax, Audit, Internal Control and local financial reporting; provide finance advice to local management and BU, identify issues and propose solutions; report to China Finance Manager and take actions in accordingly.
1. Provides day-to-day work direction for CTLC finance, ensures appropriate a/c procedures are in place and operating efficiently in compliance with Chevron Accounting Policies and local statutory requirements.
2. Supervises month-end account closing, review/validate Balance Sheet accounts and P&L variance; ensures G/L accounts are properly assigned, reconciled and that identified issues are resolved on timely manner.
3. Prepares CTLC Finance Annual Budget and Business Plan, provides variance analysis and rolling forecast to CTLC Management.
4. Addresses accounting issues that arise for current and future operations. Determines solutions to ensure compliance with Chevron Accounting Policies and local statutory requirements.
5. Involves in business operation, provides financial advice to Business Unit, reviews and provides finance input on commercial agreement and contracts.
6. Participates in the selection, assignment, training, manages performance, and career developent plan. Set and communicate clear expectations on Annual Performance Targets. Monitor and verify adherence to required behaviors and coach when need.
7. Develops and implements necessary internal controls to ensure financial data is accurate, complete, well documented and authorized by appropriate company personnel.
8. Coordinate with Internal & External Auditors on risk identifications, audit programs and schedules.
9. Establish procedures for custody of financial records, company certificates and responsible for annual inspections.
10.Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned including participating in special projects.
1. Bachelor’s degree or above in Finance or Accounting.
2. At least 10 years of relevant working experience, of which 3 years working experience with management role.
3. Broadly working experience in accounting and tax with solid conceptional knowledge in US GAAP, PRC GAP and Tax.
4. Ability to analyze data and provide insightful analysis. Develops logical recommendations and delivers them in a clear and compelling manner
5. Supervisory/ people management experience is a must, a strong leadership, organization skills, and interpersonal skills
6. Demonstrated financial, strategic thinking, planning, problem solving, negotiation, and results-orientation skills.
7. Can work with minimal supervision and at times will operate under tight or stringent deadlines
8. Proficient in Mandarin and English both written and verbal for effective communications for both internally and externally.
9. Experience in SAP and proficient in MS Office.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gendier identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.