Skills: HR - General
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Analyst Global Benefits Design located in Houston, TX through October 01, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The selected candidate will be a member of a team of internal analysts and consultants who support the company’s global strategy and design of employee benefit programs. This team is part of Chevrons Total Remuneration (i.e., Compensation and Benefits) department.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- This position is responsible for the design of employee benefits around the globe.
- The successful candidate will have a deep knowledge of Health, Welfare and Retirement plans and provisions.
- The selected candidate will also have significant global experience with design, costing, vendor selection, valuation and analysis of all types of benefit plans.
- Bachelor Degree required
- 5 to 10 years experience
- Proven track record of driving complex projects to completion while building consensus and achieving results
- Health & welfare underwriting experience with medical, dental, vision, disability and life & accident benefits
- Ability to analyze complex issues and use policy, practices and data to develop and communicate a recommendation in a clear and concise manner. Demonstrated strategic thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Able to demonstrate a track record of establishing strong collaborative relationships
- Proactive in engaging and influencing stakeholders and exhibits cultural sensitivity
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to design, implement and roll-out initiatives or processes requiring collaboration and leveraging resources across organizations and numerous stakeholders
- Holds certification of SHRM-SCP, GPHR and/or CEBS
- An actuarial certification of EA or FSA is a plus
- Competent in the use of Excel (the ability to do moderately complex formulas, pivot tables, macros, etc. is ideal).
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.