Skills: Business Development
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Oronite is accepting online applications for the position of Lean Sigma Specialist located in Jurong Island, Singapore through September 27, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
All interested applicants, please read the Data Privacy Notice before submitting application.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Leadership and Facilitation of Lean Sigma Process Improvement Teams
- Works with Singapore Manufacturing Plant (SMP) Leadership Team & Lean Sigma (LS) Advisor to set goals and guide the SMP LS teams through the process improvement roadmap with the use of LS tools including adopting process improvements for SMP from across Oronite
- Challenges the mindset of traditional way of doing business and act as a change agent for Lean Transformation. This includes Lean Sigma engagement of project Champions and site management. Facilitate Black Belt level projects with guidance from the Global Lean Sigma Advisor
- Facilitates the necessary changes to achieve sustainable process improvements within structured time limits
Project and Data Analysis
- Facilitates project identification sessions to develop a strong queue of a wide range of site-based improvement opportunities leveraging Black Belt tools such as Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
- Designs and improves measurement process, perform analysis using appropriate tools and interpret the results using critical thinking to reach sound conclusions and make reasonable and doable recommendations
- Responsible for documenting and obtaining operations and financial verification on all accrued financial benefit and formal project lookbacks.
Training and Mentoring
- Coordinates and provides training on White belt/Green Belt/Champion including documentation and engage leadership team to seek feedback
- Provides mentoring to facility Champions/Green/White Belts for timely Lean Sigma project execution and appropriate tool use and ensure process improvement is linked with capital projects where needed
- Integrates Lunch and Learn sessions into the facility to build fluency
- Provides benchmarking, project adoption, and mentoring for other Oronite site Black Belts
Governance and Organizational Capability
- Provides guidance in setting program financial goals/metrics together with the Lean Sigma Advisor
- Provides monthly update to the Local Lean Sigma Advisory Team (LSAT) meetings
- Participates as an active member in the Black Belt Network and Lean Sigma Community of Practice (CoP)
- Works with other Oronite LS coordinators to replicate and adopt process improvements across plants
- Serves as change agent in institutionalizing Lean manufacturing concepts and methodology.
- Acts as Champion and Subject Matter Expert (SME) resource for One Asia and coordinate to develop Organizational Capability
- Bachelor’s degree from recognized University
- Possesses Back belt certification from credible lean sigma source
- Proven facilitation of value stream mapping with at least 2 years as a Black Belt
- Recent experience in supporting deployment of Lean Sigma in an organization
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Strong communication skills, and preferably fluency in speaking Chinese to liaise with Chinese speaking internal stakeholders within the region
- Able to build collaborative relationships and communicate effectively
- Familiar with digital manufacturing and how business processes can be improved through digitalization and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidate will work in the Singapore under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.