Skills: Environmental Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Richmond, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies, with subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide. The company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and lubricants; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops the energy resources of the future, including biofuels.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Environmental Technician located in Richmond, CA California through September 21,2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Environmental Technician is a critical position for maintaining environmental compliance within the refinery. Key functions of this role are: reporting, communication, monitoring, and data gathering.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
· Prepare routine reports and communications for submittal to agencies, as required by Refinery permits and regulations. These can include both air and water media and require routine calculations.
· Performs error-free work on documents, forms, and reports, employing quality reviews to verify data and identify gaps and outlier values.
· Support daily compliance with Refinery monitoring of environmental variables and permit conditions. This can include daily review of process variables and trends and reporting of any monitor malfunctions or permit excesses.
· Support HES specialist work, including but not limited to: querying databases to acquire and process data, reviewing and interpreting laboratory results, or generating reports using software tools.
· Provide back-up and vacation coverage for other HES technicians, including Sphera Essential Suites (ESS) database support, reviewing and analyzing monitoring data, performing calculations, and preparing reports.
· Interact with Agencies such as the Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) to respond to inquiries and requests to clarify information. May interact with outside vendors, such as source testing companies or laboratories, who provide services to the Environmental group.
· This is a safety sensitive position
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- Demonstrated ability to build, interpret, and troubleshoot large Microsoft Excel spreadsheets utilizing formulas to analyze data.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Outlook or other database tools.
- Demonstrated QA/QC experience analyzing data to identify errors.
- Possesses good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a Team environment.
- Demonstrated Self Starter
- Ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to reliably produce error free work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or science background
- Experience in environmental regulatory compliance or related fields.
- Mathematical background, correcting analyzer readings, understanding of formulas in spreadsheets, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of analyzers and calibration of equipment or similar experience.
- Experience working with Index to trend/monitor operating parameters.
- Experience with Sphera Essential Suites database.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position
Relocation Will Not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments Will Not be considered..
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.