Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This is a position only for Buenos Aires, Argentina
The successful candidate for this position will benefit from broad exposure to a multiple Business Partners across the globe, and from learning critical business processes used throughout the enterprise. The SAP Application org supports the world-wide implementation of SAP, and team members work closely with colleagues in US, Manila, India and elsewhere. With Project LEAP and other high-level ERP initiatives underway, SAP Logistics will be a challenging, demanding, and rewarding place to work in the next few years, and the person in this position will have the opportunity to be a part of that evolution. The work involves trouble-shooting, analysis, coordination, and resolution of various types of problems for Chevron's Global Logistics functions.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Facilitate the support and implementation of SAP Logistics (focus on Advanced Planning and Optimization - APO and Plant Planning - PP).
•Perform detailed analysis of complex business process requirements and provide appropriate system solutions; identify, interpret, validate and document customer requirements.
•Facilitate workshops to collect business requirements
•Map client business requirements, processes and objectives; develops necessary product modifications to satisfy clients' needs.
•Design, customize, configure and testing of APO/PP modules.
•Identify gaps, issues and work around solutions.
•Act as liaison with client for troubleshooting: investigate, analyses, and solve software problems.
•Document functional designs, test cases and results.
•Proactively identify and propose business process and/or system enhancements.
•Provide consulting services on both new implementations and existing support projects.
•Act as a liaison between the business functions and the technical team.
•Provide ad-hoc training and user support as required.
Work self-directed and independently
Competencies Required for the Position:
• Technical Skills and Business Process Knowledge - Candidate should have experience in application operations support and/or project design/implementation. An understanding of IT concepts such as application configuration, database schemas, integration across platforms, programming, system landscapes, and Business Intelligence would be helpful, as well as exposure to SAP or other ERPs. Understanding of one or more Logistics Business Processes and a solid foundation in ITSM and CPDEP processes and tools are a plus
• Analytical and Problem Solving - strong analytical skills to quickly analyze and resolve problems with business processes and associated systems are a must. Coordination, communication and collaboration skills to marshal technical assistance from internal and external IT organizations are often required.
Needs the ability to collect and understand business requirements, and ultimately translate them into processes and procedures that support successful configuration and deployment of a solution.
Agility, motivation, and a strong sense of urgency are needed to manage multiple priorities.
• Communication Skills - Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise and understandable manner across all levels of a culturally and geographically diverse environment. Must know how to translate IT issues so that they are easily understandable by Business Partners, and to tailor the message to audiences at various levels of management with varying levels of technical and business proficiency. Needs to listen carefully and ask clarifying questions in order to understand the views, concerns and comments of others.
Would be helpful to have experience facilitating meetings with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders. Goals are to ensure meeting objectives are met, issues are captured, and a concise record is created.
• Leadership and Collaboration - Must be able to work independently, but also be collaborative and demonstrate One Team Behaviors. Must willingly take ownership of deliverables; i.e. develop plans with clear and achievable goals, and then follow through to completion. The job often requires cross-functional cooperation, so should be able to take the lead to coordinate efforts across a broad range of stakeholders and groups and push to get completion and final resolution. The ability to work seamlessly and effectively with multiple cultures, nationalities, and geographies is one of the keys to this role.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information systems
• 3 years’ or more of experience in SAP Logistics – APO (Advanced Planning and Optimization) and or PP (Plant Planning) is desirable; application support or implementation experience.
• SAP Functional ABAP background.
• Proficient English verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Understanding of business Plant Planning processes.
• Ability to understand business processes from a customer perspective.
• Experience in working on or using SAP or another ERP
• Experience working in a global, multi-cultural IT Support Model environment.
The LEAP Program (Legacy ERP Assessment Program) will partner with all functions and OpCos using ERP systems. LEAP will define strategy for how Chevron transitions to the next phase of digitalization.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
This is a position only for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.