Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Lead Designer - Mechanical - I&E located in Belle Chasse , LA Louisiana /United States.
Chevron Oronite Company LLC is a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, one of the largest energy companies in the world. Chevron Oronite manufactures over 250 different finished additive products in nine facilities around the world, and delivers them to bulk terminals worldwide. Our mission is to empower employees to provide value-added petroleum additive products and business solutions to fuel and lubricant marketers and OEMs worldwide. Chevron Oronite consists of more than 2,000 global team members who are part of one of the world's leading developers, manufacturers and marketers of petroleum additives for lubricant base stocks and fuels.
Chevron Oronite is accepting online applications for the position of Lead Designer located in Belle Chasse, Louisiana through September 20, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- This is a working lead position – with responsibilities of completing design packages for turnaround, capital projects, and daily support and providing work direction and leadership for 7-10 Designers.
- Forecasts project completion dates for sharing with Drafting & Designer lead, customers, Project Engineering Lead, Designs Engineering Lead and E/I Engineering Lead. Maintains a strategic staffing plan (3-year outlook) for piping / E&I team based on historic metrics and planned work.
- Facilitates coaching, mentoring, and training of company and contract designer resources including sharing of technology enhancements with other Designs Groups.
- The Lead Designer position is responsible for receiving electronic drafting requests, prioritizing and administering work to designers/CAD operators and managing jobs to ensure customer priorities are met. Coordinates multi discipline projects with internal and external design teams (piping, E/I, civil/structural.
- Supports the adherence to Process Safety Management (PSM) regulations.
- Provides quality assurance checking for all mechanical/electrical design packages. Ensures completed design packages meet piping/E&I specifications, design codes/standards, Safety in Designs (SID), and are designed for operability and maintainability.
- Provides technical guidance to internal designers, Projects, Designs and E&I engineering customers and external suppliers. This includes establishing project strategies and milestones for designers and customers. Provides quality solutions for complex piping/electrical designs and guidance on Chevron Engineering Standards and piping/electrical specifications. Identifies, plans and executes training required for continuous improvement in team capability and product quality.
- Supports SWA, Near Miss program and TOPS to improve team member safety and maintain product quality and efficiency.
- Prepares and maintains quality procedures for internal and external design teams. Develops workflows and develops work guides as needed to maintain product quality.
- Supports implementation and enhancement of design solutions and drawing management software. Demonstrates strong knowledge of AutoCAD Plant 3D modeling software, laser scanning hardware/software and AutoCAD basic capabilities. Identifies opportunities to expand use of design tools, develops and executes training plans and recommends enhancement to existing tools and/or new design tools.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 15 years’ drafting experience in petrochemical plant or refinery
- Proficient user of AutoCAD 2016 Plant 3D for mechanical – AutoCAD 2016 Basic for E/I
- Proficient user (publisher) of BlueCielo Desktop Document Management System
- Vocational Technical college for Drafting curriculum (associates degree)
- Project Management Experience
- Implementation of Laser Scans into 3D models
- Knowledge of MS Project, Access Data base and Microsoft Office Suite
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
EOE M/F/D/VRegulatory Disclosure for US Positions:Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: New Orleans
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.