Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Business Consultant-Lubricants located in Denver , CO Colorado /United States.
This position is focused on managing Lubricants marketer/distributor accounts and helping them grow their business. The Business Consultant will be responsible for increasing Chevron's market share by growing our Marketer’s business in various segments.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for growing Chevron's share of wallet with First Source Lubrication marketers in the area.
- Responsible for the overall Profit & Loss of the territory being managed
- Manages the pricing strategy for the territory with a focus on achieving profitable growth.
- Fluent in all phases of the sales process with a focus on activating and transitioning and retaining and growing existing business.
- Provides sales coaching and mentoring to marketers sales personnel as well as market principles and exhibits ability to coach and train marketers in use of Value Based Selling principles.
- Develops strategic business plans and updates them through Quarterly Business Reviews in alignment with our Integrated Lubrication Marketer Strategy and in alignment with the focus growth segments.
- Works in tandem with area Business Development Specialists on high value targets and manages the opportunities through the activate and transition phase of the sales process.
- Works directly with Inside Sales to deploy lead generation process to the marketers
- Effectively manages marketer channel conflict to equitable resolution
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years of sales experience.
- Proven ability to close new business.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute a business development plan.
- Ability to develop offers to maximize customer value to Chevron.
- Experience in using and managing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Excellent ability to identify and meet customer needs.
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of customers, internal and external
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Must be willing and able to travel an average of 50% - 75% of the time
- Strong business development skills with technical aptitude
- Prefer experience working in the lubricants industry.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.