Skills: Maintenance Manager
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Milnerton, Western Cape, South Africa
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. To learn more, visit the Explore Chevron website.
We operate 100,000 barrels per day refinery in Milnerton, Cape Town, that produces gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, liquefied petroleum gas, fuel oil, paving asphalt and other products. Chevron South Africa also has interests in a lubricant oil manufacturing plant in Durban and maintains a laboratory and blending plant there.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Rotating Workshop Assistant Supervisor located in Milnerton, South Africa through 1 October 2018.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Supervise the effective utilization of all resources (financial, materials, manpower, contractors, services etc) to ensure the safe and efficient execution of maintenance to the refinery mechanical assets (rotating equipment). Ensure that the highest industry standards are met through following the Chevron procedures and manufacturer specifications. Ensure work is carried out in such a way as to meet the scheduling, quality and safety requirements and to maximize refinery availability
- Assist and mentor Chevron contractor work teams during equipment fault finding, troubleshooting and maintenance activities. Participate and be fully familiar with routine planning and scheduling on routine mechanical maintenance
- Execute loss presentation system workforce functions which includes loss presentation self-assessment audits, loss presentation observations, loss presentation investigations and near loss investigations. Foster and promote incident and injury free behaviors within the group to achieve Chevron's vision. Lead and participate mechanical equipment-related incident investigations using 5 why methodology
- Function as a subject matter expert on certain critical equipment repairs and provide technical support for the resolution of complex and unusual problems within assigned area
- Ensure schedule attainment through the management of key performance indicators, emergency work orders and backlogs
- Develop and ensure all safe work procedures, job loss analysis and method statements are in place and followed by the team
- Assist in identifying individual development needs for the workgroup members and ensure implementation
- N3 Mechanical
- Extensive experience in rotating equipment maintenance e.g. pumps, compressors, turbines
- Good communication skills
- Trade test certificate
- Familiarity with maintenance/construction planning, process safety information, management of change process, engineering work orders
- Great at solving problems during execution (rotating equipment)
- Experience with SAP, Maximo and Ariba
- Good leadership and supervisory experience
- A background in petrochemical or heavy industry
Relocation may be considered within Chevron South Africa parameters.
Selected candidates will work in South Africa under the local payroll system and benefits.
Selections will be made in line with the Chevron South Africa Employment Equity plan.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.