Skills: Engineering Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To provide technical and clerical assistance to project managers, senior discipline engineers and project teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate ACET and Client MMS (ie Miximo/SAP)
- Interface with ACET Support to ensure workflow is efficient
- Preparation of CTR's and mobilisation requests
- Support the preparation of inspection work packs
- Maintain filng systems/databases
- Assist with maintainence of integrity registers and project plans
- Assist with retrieval of project specific technical data
- Preparation and collation of operational data and reporting
- Preparation and maintenance of financial documents and reports as instructed by Project Management
- Assist with duties as directed by Senior Dscipline Engineer
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasnably practicable in order to ensure safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest a more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports Directly to The Senior Project Manager
- Both the Senior Inspection Engineer and Inspection Engineer will also define the day-to-day work for this position
- Performance will be measured by the Senior Project Manager
- Minimum Standard Grade education
- Appropriate Secondary School engineering/technical study/qualifications ie: HNC/HND qualification or working towards qualification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- A good general technical/engineering knowledge and aptitude
- Ability to work to given deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience of working on PCwork stations in particular with Microsoft Excel and Word products
- Ensures that regular consistent communication and interaction takes place with project team
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is categorised as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
CATEGORY OCCASIONAL FREQUENT CONSTANT LIGHT Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching Lift up to 10 pounds
Standing Repetitive movements of arms and hands
Sit with back supported ADA Statement The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.