Skills: Design Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Luanda, Luanda Province, Angola
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Assist with the design and project management of standard and one-off tooling projects, encompassing activities from initial contact with the Client through concept, design, manufacture, build, test to completion of the associated documentation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of innovative designs backed with engineering calculations and analysis.
- Preparation of manufacturing drawings.
- Liaison with suppliers to ensure requirements are achieved and issues are resolved.
- Review and checking of drawings, calculations and documentation.
- Taking ownership of projects and seeing them through to completion, including: concept development, purchasing of parts, overseeing and coordinating build and test of equipment, compiling product documentation and operational procedures, ensuring within budget and on-time delivery of product.
- Ongoing support of standard tooling products and equipment as required (may require offshore trips).
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
- Assist with any other duties as and when required.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Apprenticeship in a mechanical trade (P)
- Degree in mechanical engineering or similar (P)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of typical WROV tooling systems (P)
- Experience of working with hydraulic systems (P)
- Experience of designing equipment including hydraulics and mechanisms (E)
- General project management experience (P)
- 2D AutoCAD (P)
- 3D CAD Experience (E)
- SolidWorks 2014 (P)
- FEA (P)
This position is considered SHOP/INDOORS which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
This position is considered MEDIIUM work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.