Elk City, Oklahoma, United States
Elk City, Oklahoma, United States
Skills: Perforation, Truck / HGV Driver
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Competitive Salary Plus Bonus
Location: Elk City, Oklahoma, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
** Current Class A CDL license is required. Transporting equipment from Elk City, OK to the Permian Basin
** Rotational - working (2) weeks on (1) week off. Meals and housing provided in our Crew Camps.
Responsible for driving company vehicles for transporting equipment and products (including hazardous material and oversize permitted equipment) to and from various oilfield locations. This includes using vehicles ranging from pickup trucks to tractor-trailer combination vehicles that exceed 26,000 GVW rating. Driver will help other departments during wait and down time (Chemicals, yard, wash bay, mechanics shop, and office).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving vehicles including pickup trucks up to tractor trailer combination vehicles in order to deliver equipment and products to various sites.
- Loading and unloading at times to help expedite the process.
- Check vehicles before driving them to ensure that they are mechanically safe. Safety and emergency equipment are in place and ready to use in case of need.
- Follow all safety guidelines set forth by company policy.
- Maintain logs, complete inspection reports according to state and federal regulations.
- Check vehicles parked at the yard for mechanical and safety issues and report them on discrepancy forms to the shop manager or foreman.
- Obtain receipts; work with purchase orders, assignment sheets and various other paperwork.
- Make sure all paperwork is turned in daily to the correct department, including but not limited to, logs, inspection reports, receipts, purchase orders and assignment sheets.
- Obtain signatures and sign paperwork when required to do so.
- Check all load and equipment related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Use forklift for loading and unloading of product, only once certified to do so.
- Secure all cargo with straps, chains, rope or other devices connected to the equipment before moving a vehicle.
- Report to supervisor any vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Review all paperwork with appropriate personnel in the preplanning stage of the job.
- Turn in signed bill of ladings to dispatch for all chemical loads, inbound and outbound.
- Observe and follow all DOT regulations.
- Identify and recognize changes in circumstances, with attentiveness to security violations or an emergency situation.
- Notify supervisor if a situation arises that they are not sure of before proceeding.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Educational and Other Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Class A CDL required with Hazmat and Tanker endorsement.
- Must have clean CDL driving record.
- Minimum one year driving experience or certificate from accepted driving school.
- Knowledge, comprehension and observation of DOT regulations and log books.
- Must work independently and as a member of team.
- Sensitive to confidential information