Skills: Mechanical Technician
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job title: Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Ref No: 2018-12143
WorleyParsons is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician for ad-hoc working offshore and mobilising from Aberdeen.
- To ensure that the performance and availability of mechanical equipment meets the standards required to achieve safety, production and environmental targets
- To execute all activities safely and efficiently to agreed work plans, safety management system requirements and best working practices.
- Carry out planned maintenance in accordance with the requirements of the planned maintenance system
- Assisting with the co-ordination of spare part requirements and optimising of spares stock levels
- Carrying out unplanned maintenance as required
- Minimising downtime and contributing to the achievement of production targets
- Preparing technical reports
- Fault finding and rectification for mechanical equipment
- Carry out mechanical isolations, and work-site inspections
- Recognised Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- NVQ/SVQ Level 3 certification in Maintenance
- MJI10 Training, must be current i.e. within previous 12 months or current TMJI10
- Assembling/tightening bolted flange connections
- Flange make up assessment
- Pressure hydrotesting certificate
- Use of abrasive wheels certificate
- TMJI10&11 (to be completed as post mobilisation training on a 3 yearly refresher) Mechanical Disciplines only)
- Knowledge of hydrocarbon production systems and associated hazards
- Good knowledge of heavy duty rotating equipment
- Knowledge of rotating equipment condition monitoring techniques
- Understanding of fire and gas detection and ESD systems
- Fully familiar with the permit to work system and isolation procedures
- Able to carry out all activities safely and efficiently to agreed work plans, safety management system requirements and best working practices as required by supervisor
- Able to complete work history / reports to the required standard as outlined by supervisor
- Must have the necessary competencies in mechanical discipline to carry out routine, corrective, breakdown and condition maintenance.
- Able to carry out fault finding and installation, isolation and re-instatement of offshore equipment
- Ability to carry out work-site inspections
- Able to read, interpret and mark up mechanical technical schematic drawings to as built status
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR).