Odessa, Texas, United States
Odessa, Texas, United States
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and has one of the largest completion services and workover and well servicing rig fleets in North America. Our company is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the U.S and multiple international markets. Nabors provides innovative drilling technology and equipment, directional drilling and comprehensive oilfield services in most of the significant oil and gas markets in the world.
Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd., with revenues of approximately $400M, provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to oil and gas companies worldwide to improve the safety and efficiency of the drilling process. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Top Drive Shop Technician II.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot and Repair problems with Top Drive Systems
• Rebuild and Recertify Top Drives and Power Units
• Assemble new Top Drive Systems, as required
• Work on troubleshooting from manuals and schematics
• Operate and test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that the work done meets specifications and safety regulations
• Clearly and consistently document all work performed
• Clearly document all parts used to perform work
• Load and unload equipment for/from transportation
• Operate cranes and lifting devices such as fork lifts as needed
• Follow all safety guidelines put in place by Tesco and report unsafe acts
• Financial responsibilities will be communicated by manager and/or local or global Delegation of Authority, when applicable
• Compliance with all Tesco Policies, Systems, and Standards, including, but not limited to: Compliance and Legal, Finance, Human Resources, Quality and HSES, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma with Mechanical technical school and 2 years experience as a Top Drive Technician or equivalent experience.
• Theoretical knowledge of electronics, and hydraulics as it applies to top drives
• A solid sense of customer service and the ability to professionally interact with both internal and external customers
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Read hydraulic and electrical schematics
• Team player with good interpersonal skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Routine exposure to the elements, including working in a non climate controlled building.
• Requires the ability to stand and walk more than 90% of the time.
• Requires the ability to use hands and fingers, as well as feel up to 90% of the time.
• Requires the ability to use eyes to focus and judge depth perception up to 90% of the time.
• Must be able to reach with hands and arms, be able to climb and balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl more than 50% of the time.
• Requires the ability to talk and hear less than 33% of the time.
• Must be able to lift, pull and push loads of up to 50 pounds unassisted.
Fluent in English. Ability to read and write, comprehend complex instructions, write short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and compute percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of using Microsoft word and excel.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License
• Basic knowledge of Oil & Gas industry
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in a problem solving situation, uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
• Oral communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informative; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedbacks; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest; able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision making process; makes timely decisions.
• Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence;
• Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.