Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
The corporate auditor is responsible for planning and performing financial and operational audits and other special projects to identify and test compliance with the company's financial standards and identify operational inefficiencies. Good interpersonal skills, both written and verbal are required to effectively communicate audit issues to management. The auditor must be able to coordinate multiple projects and be able to work in various environments.
- Plan all aspects of the audit, including assessing the initial level of risk prior to the audit and developing a risk profile.
- Perform audit procedures to determine the reliability of internal controls and document results. Prepare audit programs as deemed appropriate.
- Work closely with the audit team members to understand the process and controls at the audit locations.
- Identify, evaluate and communicate audit issues to audit and location management. Conduct audit entrance and exit conferences.
- Prepare audit observations for issues identified during an audit assignment.
- Prepare and organize audit work papers to document work performed and support the audit comments.
- Participates in audit department continuous improvement including revising existing programs and questionnaires.
- An undergraduate degree in business administration or accounting or related field. A CPA certificate is highly desirable.
- Two plus years of relevant accounting/auditing experience; preferable public accounting, operations accounting, and/or internal auditing.
- A thorough working knowledge of audit practices and procedures, including good analytical skills.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects, prioritizes tasks, and exercise good judgment
- Ability to travel 40% of the time both internationally and domestically.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with SAP.
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Other relevant certifications (CIA/CFE)
- An understanding of the Institute of Internal Auditors Standards
- An understanding of or prior experience in the energy services industry
- Foreign language-written and oral (Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese or French)
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and /or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including up to a Sr. Auditor.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 64163
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Finance
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Technology
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.