Skills: Financial Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated Senior Project Finance Advisor to join our Rheinland Refinery in Godorf/Wesseling.
The Rheinland Refinery is at the heart of the Fuels Integrated Performance Unit in Germany, and its Chemicals assets are an important part of our European Chemicals footprint.
The aspiration of Manufacturing Finance is to provide best in class Finance support to projects. This requires resilience, discipline and deep business acumen and starts with understanding how the business makes money and the role capital spend plays in achieving the commitments made in the Business Plan. Gaining trust, credibility and confidence from the business leaders is needed to challenge capital planning, project approval, scope, spend outlook and execution. Finance must provide meaningful and effective challenge focused on the bottom line and improving project performance.
The Senior Projects Finance Advisor plays a key role in achieving this ambition and enabling continuous improvement in project finance activities at Rheinland Refinery. The incumbent is responsible for providing support, advice and challenge to top quartile turnaround and project delivery in Rheinland, jointly with the Capital Projects Advisor. This position is part of the Finance Advice team that provides finance support for all capital projects and delivers Finance support to the Production units.
- Deliver all aspects of Project Finance support, including project accounting to drive top quartile project delivery in Rheinland.
- Deliver and coordinate all aspects of Finance support throughout the full project lifecycle respectively turnaround stages including execution.
- Responsible for proper application of project accounting rules and structures for all projects and turnarounds.
- Facilitate project reviews and assurance for quality of inputs/outputs challenging underlying economic and commercial assumptions and sensitivities, ensuring that the risks and opportunities are correctly reflected in the project economics to enable objective ranking of opportunities.
- Support project Leadership Team discussions on risk and participate in risk management workshops.
At Shell Germany, our drive is to employ world-class individuals. We employ 4,200 people whose careers have benefitted from our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled inhouse access to local and global experts. We are active in many areas such as Gas, Gas Marketing, Manufacturing & Distribution of oil products, Petrochemicals as well as Research & Development. Shell in Germany is one of the biggest retailers of energy products and one of the largest refinery operators. Our extensive R&D facilities in Hamburg allow us to offer a broad range of expertise on Retail Fuels, Lubes, and Marine, Power and Engine Vehicle Technology. Shell began operations in Germany in 1902.
- Degree in Finance or Economics, Qualified Accountant or equivalent certification
- Proven experience in a range of relevant Finance roles ideally including project or operated asset experience, preferably in a Manufacturing and/or Chemicals Environment
- Strong project or asset finance and technical finance (accounting and reporting) background
- Ability to deliver in a complex project environment whilst retaining excellent relationships
- High energy, high impact personality with can-do mentality, self-starting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively engage with senior stakeholders and virtual finance organization
- Continuous improvement mindset, with focus on reducing complexity, standardization and simplification of processes and structures to add value to the business
What we offer you
At Shell, we're committed to investing in the development of your career and we give people with your skills a platform from which you can deliver and really excel. Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity and respect aren't simply a strap line, but are a part of everything we do. What's more, we're a company that places the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and on our inclusive approach.
Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell a flexible, an appealing, and as supportive place for women to work as we can. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2016.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by a leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network.
People with an impairment
At Shell we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
Just let us know about your circumstances if you'd like to apply. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a long career with us.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video