Skills: Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
BRANDER have an exiting opportunity for an Instrument Technician on a fixed term contract starting on the 7th October on a 2/3 rotation untill approx January 2019. Candidates must have Crude tanker / product tanker experience or FPSO/FSU experience with all UK North Sea certificates and a hold a valid COMPEX.
Mandatory training required
- CA EBS
- OGUK Medical
- Helicopter Shoulder Measurement
* Candidates must be legally allowed to work in the UK and hold all required UK Certification for working offshore.
HNC/HND Instrumentation & Control Engineering or equivalent
- Crude or product tanker experience
- FPSO / FSU experience
- Knowledge of permit to work systems & planned maintenance systems
- SAP (Training will be given if required)
The ideal candidate will have strong skills in diagnostic and fault-finding with experience of:
- Knowledge of Yokogawa, ABB, Emerson, Kongsberg, K-Chief 700.
- Experienced in working with a variety of process Instrumentation and Digital Control Systems (DCS).
- Commissioning and maintenance of communication systems including Broadband, Ethernet
- Cause & Effect procedures for ESD/Fire & Gas Systems.
- Produce and maintain As-built drawings and documentation.
- Punch list identification, verification and clearance.
- Fiscal metering skid
- PLC systems
- Pre-commissioning of instrumentation systems including loop check, cause & effect testing and fire and gas commissioning through to ESD
- Fire and Gas and HVAC panels
- Performing commissioning, calibration, maintenance and repair of instrumentation - Elect/Hydraulic & pneumatic systems.