Skills: Ships Engineer, Ships Mate / Officer
Other Skills: Quality Assurance
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Selangor, Selangor, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Malaysia
· The DPA will be responsible for coordinating activities between the Head of QA, Captains, Vessel Managers, QHSE manager Internal Auditor and vessel's crew to ensure that the vessels are operating safely and within international rules and regulations requirements.
· The DPA, assisted by the QHSE manager, Captains and Vessel Managers, will be responsible for updating the safety policies, SMM, safety training and record keeping, compliance with codes, rules and regulations and internal reporting.
· Qualifications from a tertiary institution recognized by the IMO Administration or by the recognized organization, within a relevant field of management, engineering or physical science, or
· Qualifications and seagoing experience as a certified ship officer pursuant to the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW), 1978, or
· Other formal education combined with not less than three years practical senior level experience in ship management operations, and
· Other qualifications and requirement as stipulated in the IMO Guideline MSC-PEPC.7/Circ.6 (refer to Addendum 1) qualifications:
· Minimum 3 years seafaring experience.
· Extensive knowledge of applicable international and national codes, guidelines and standards such as ISM Code, ISPS Code, SOLAS, MARPOL etc.
· Very good knowledge of vessel operations and seamanship.
· Adept in technical or operational aspects of safety management.
· Effective communications with vessel crews and senior management
Sapura Energy Berhad (“Sapura Energy” or “Group”) is a fully-fledged upstream player headquartered in Malaysia and one of the world’s largest integrated oil and gas services and solutions providers.
We provide a full spectrum of capabilities that covers the entire value chain of exploration, development, production and rejuvenation as well as decommissioning and abandonment.
With a multinational workforce comprising over 13,000 employees spanning 51 nationalities, comprehensive world-class assets and project management capabilities, the Group’s global presence is visible in over 20 countries. This includes Malaysia, China, Australia, Brazil, the United States of America, as well as those in Western Africa and the Middle East.
Sapura Energy is an international company with employees and clients from the world over. We offer opportunities to enhance your career across a full range of exciting roles in the upstream oil and gas industry: Fabrication, hook-up and commissioning, drilling services, production and exploration, geotechnical and geophysical survey, installation of pipelines and facilities, marine, diving and remotely operated underwater vehicle (ROV) services, operations and maintenance services.