77380, Texas, United States
77380, Texas, United States
Skills: Project Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: 77380, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Project Manager is responsible for managing, coordinating, and administering the pipeline project from the conceptual stages through planning, procurement, construction, start-up, performance testing, initial operations, and prime contract close-out. Project Manager will supervise the development of budgets and schedules, manage performance, report progress, and initiate action to assure program/project objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget and according to specifications.
Primary Job Function:
- Effectively plan, schedule, and manage large scale projects to meet customer's needs and expectations, and ensure the target profit levels are met for the project.
- Define and communicate roles, responsibilities and authorities to project team members/partners and the customer to ensure project completion in a safe manner, within budget, on schedule, and in conformance with the appropriate standards, specifications and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Monitor all contractual commitments to ensure that all work is being performed in accordance with the specifications, drawings and terms of the contract, that a trend program is in place, that change orders and claims are processed in a timely manner.
- Approve bid tabulations for commitments on all major purchase orders, contracts, and sub-contracts, and approves critical changes to these documents in accordance with Strike procedures.
- Review invoices and applications for payment to assure accuracy of tabulations, accuracy of completion percentage, and recommend approval or disapproval.
- Conduct meetings with client to provide project status updates which can include, but not limited to, projected crew work schedules, revisions to scope (change control form) and schedule.
- Conduct internal company meetings to coordinate project administration, ROW issues, survey, permitting, engineering, material availability, construction activity and resolve project problems.
- Ensure construction activities are performed safely and effectively according to Strike's EHS Policy.
- Monitor the material delivery effort to assure proper material order is met in regards to contract commitments.
- Ensure the following documents are completed with proper review: plans, permits, schedule, change control forms, weekly and monthly projection reports, project status reports and any other applicable documentation.
- Complete all items required to close out project and organize project post-job reviews to ensure that all Strike documents are complete.
- Provide leadership and training to project personnel.
- Minimum 3+ years of pipeline project management experience including project scoping and estimating, cost and schedule control, design and construction management, team building, resource planning, procurement, and permitting.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Must be a problem solver with the ability to find resolutions.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision and/or direction.
- Must be capable of higher level thinking and growth in support of business development and management reporting.
- Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel.
- Requires willingness relocate for project demands and travel frequently.
- Complies with Strike's policies and procedures.
- Complies with Strike's Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment.
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety.
- Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and productivity.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
Strike is an equal opportunity employer