Skills: Operations Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Our client is looking for an Operations Manager for a permanent basis, located in Aberdeen.
Managing the workshop dept. with overall responsibility for job allocation and flow in the workshop, including resources & equipment requirements for all planned work.
Act as a technical adviser on valve testing, maintenance and other areas of the business as required.
- Ability to make local, UK wide and oversees visits to client / supplier sites is a requirement. o Prepared to be on-call out-with normal operational hours.
- Liaison with warehouse, QC and other departments to ensure production efficiency.
- Conduct the induction and training of new starters / apprentices and regular training of the team.
- The control, supervision and discipline of all workshop personnel staff and contractors working for SGA.
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers.
- Upkeep and maintenance of the workshop and all machinery / capital equipment used therein.
- Ensure that all Quality, Health & Safety procedures are followed, promoted and monitored.
- Ensure the highest of Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental cultures are fostered within the business.
- Assist with quoting, project management, material purchasing, and quality checks as required. Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns.
- Lead problem solving activities that focus on root cause analysis, reliability or performance issues and make recommendations to improve reliability or performance.
- Generating Offshore close out, Failure, Root Cause Analysis reports for clients.
- Ensuring the efficient and smooth operation of the SGA workshop activities.
- Ensuring that client delivery dates are achieved, with efficient use of the relevant operational facilities.
- Act as focal point to closed out any technical queries for SGA, client or inspection personnel.
- Must have experience working within a mechanical valve environment with proven engineering experience, qualifications, training and competency.
- Senior supervision or management experience of valve maintenance, inspection, test and failure investigation gained within a valve workshop environment required.
- Good reporting, communication, administration and management skills with ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge and understanding of all types of valves used in Oil, Gas & Petrochemical industries.
- Current valid passport and driving licence o Excellent interpersonal skills.