Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Qualifications and Experience:
A bachelor's degree and or master degree in Earth Science, Computer Science or a closely related field; M.S. or Ph.D. degree preferred, with a minimum of 15 years of work experience or more (preferred more than 20 years) with at least 10-15 years of extensive experience directly related G&G applications development and support.
The incumbent should have the ability to multitask and prioritize projects. He/she should have:
Working knowledge of the latest developments in computer science and oil and gas IT technology through formal education, relevant work experience, conferences, seminars and professional journals.
Experience supporting at least one: Petrel, TechLog, PetroMod, DecisionSpace® Desktop, OpenWorks®, DSS Dynamic Surveillance, Kingdom, Petra; and one other major oil and gas software and workflow.
Working knowledge of OS (Windows and/or Unix/Linux) and at least one of these two relational databases: Oracle/SQL Server.
It is highly preferred for the incumbent to have experience with support of micro seismic monitoring software and workflows (e.g., Pinnacle) and/or experience with software and workflows deployed in collaborative real-time oil and gas operations support centers (e.g., InSite Anywhere®, InterACT, Petrolink)."
- Strong experience in Geoscience, G&G applications, G&G data management, applications support and strong knowledge in IT.
- Provide high level day-to-day consultation, support and data management of G&G applications.
- Deliver workflows and application practice services to UR professionals.
- Provide high-level technical and professional consultation, assistance, advice, and guidance in the development and utilization of new and existing computer systems, equipment, techniques, and facilities.
- With minimal supervision and broad guidelines provided by the Group Lead or Division Administrator, undertakes studies usually involving several computer and G&G disciplines that result in recommendations for major system development or modification, potentially at both the hardware and software level.
- Provide G&G application consultation, develop plans, mentor younger professionals, manage IT development projects and furnish expertise regarding the G&G application equipment and/or systems within his area of assignment.