Skills: Project Management
Other Skills: project management, (manufacturing AND umbilicals), (PMP or MAPM)
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: £55,000 - £63,000
Location: Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defence, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Senior Project Manager based in Rosyth, manages the overall project responsibilities of a Client project, as assigned, by the Group Project Manager. Is the SDS-R staff representative interface with the client for all project matters and represents the client needs in relation to the project to the internal business resource owners.
- Interpret customer's requirements ,identify potential problems and provide suggestions for improvements or to alleviate any potential issues in the execution of the project.
- Interpret contracts and understand terms & conditions of purchase orders.
- Manage the translation of bid data and co-ordinate into project scope, budgets and schedules for all related departments including engineering, procurement, sales, manufacturing, testing and load out.
- Manage all schedules for every department with the planning team to ensure project progresses on time and to the standards required.
- Ensure that all project details have been scheduled. Proactively manages the schedule and produces an optimised plan based on changing circumstances as required.
- Interface with all other related departments to ensure project requirements and constraints are understood and that adequate resources are identified.
- Manage all projects in accordance with the Project Delivery System (PDS) and other related systems to insure the project is engineered, manufactured and delivered within scope, within quality and safety, on time and within budget.
- Analyse problems and recommend solutions to maximize individual and collective project performance.
- Conduct weekly and monthly project plan status review meetings internally and with the Customer.
- Carry out appropriate analysis for the management and reporting of project performance to include the use of Earned Value where applicable.
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate project risk by development of plans and strategies beyond the allocation of contingency.
- Promote a strong safety culture within the projects and the wider business.
- Promote a One Oceaneering approach.
- Manage large, technically complex or high complexity client projects across diverse cultures and languages.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with no loss in performance.
- Analyse all weekly job cost reports in preparation for monthly project performance review meeting with Management and Stakeholders.
- Ensure communication with customers is timely and accurate. Negotiate change orders with customers properly.
- Ensure that project team is involved and knowledgeable about project issues and status throughout the project life cycle.
- Identify and escalate to Management areas beyond own skills, capabilities, confidence or responsibilities.
- Other duties may be assigned as required to meet business needs.
- This position will require supervisory responsibilities as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the competency, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Substantial relevant experience preferably in an Oil & Gas or manufacturing environment.
- Degree or equivalent. Engineering, Business or Project Management is preferred or a combination of education and experience in project management, manufacturing or operations management experience in a related field.
- Professional project management qualification either PMP or MAPM.
- Professional Quality qualification.
- Post Grad qualifications desirable.
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including MS Word and Excel. Also Primavera P6, Project, MRP systems and database knowledge.
- The position is considered OFFICE/SHOP/OUTDOORS which is characterised as follows:
- For the most part, works indoors (office), with regular requirement to access shop and outdoors as needed for projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
Salary Range £55,000 - £63,000 + excellent benefits.
Closing Date: 12/10/18
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.