This Production Technology & Well Integrity Manager position is a key role in our QGC Team, supporting our East Coast portfolio, encompassing Non Operated Venture and Shell Operated Venture assets, New Business Development and Exploration.
Reporting to the General Manager Development East it is accountable for the following:
- Develop & update well functional specification & Basis of Design
- Develop & update plans & strategies to improve well design, execution and operation
- Develop & update well abandonment strategy & design
- Provide subsurface input to well execution programmes (drilling and completion), including Operations Geology and Petrophysics discipline support
- Well Integrity Management System
- Artificial Lift Centre of Excellence
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities of this role are:
- Subsurface related Wells risk identification, assessment and management, and for the quality of design and maintenance solutions for Well Initial Completions and subsequent workover interventions.
- Ensure optimal resourcing and activity prioritization by working with East Coast peers and stakeholders to ensure the right people on the right activity/project at the right time.
- Assess, mature and apply downhole technology and industry solutions to improve QGC design and operations of wells.
- Facilitate transfer of learnings and best practices on a global scale.
- Accountable for the Well Integrity process and standards; responsible for resourcing of the well integrity management system application.
- Coaching Asset / WRFM team on PCP technologies (WRFM = Well, Reservoir & Facility Management)
- Provide technical completions advice
- Technical standard adviser on materials and pump equipment
- Support WRFM team on new initiatives to improve run life and intervention cost
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
The candidate we are therefore seeking for this position, will have/be;
- A university degree in Petroleum Engineering (or other relevant engineering discipline) with extensive experience
- Demonstrated ability to set direction and achieve results within the Production Technology & Well Integrity functional area (excellence in Design, Build and Maintain Wells)
- Proven willingness to implement new technologies, and to capture, disseminate and implement best practice
- Previous Production Technology 'Technical Authority' experience beneficial
- Demonstrated CSG/CBM development and/or operational experience and Unconventional (tight gas) developments
- Skilled in Well & Completion Design (specific to CSG/CBM), and well operating envelopes
- Skilled in well inflow and outflow modelling, and performance enhancement techniques
- Skilled at sand failure risk assessment and sand management strategy implementation
- Skilled at well intervention and workover identification, design, optimisation and implementation for the purpose of surveillance, restoring, improving and/or changing the well functionality
- Skilled at well integrity management, to ensure wells function effectively and safely within their operational envelope
Crucial to the success of this role is the ability to work collaboratively & lead effectively in/and across multi-functional teams and interface with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, based in various locations, whilst maintaining a high work level of work ethic, being able to work autonomously and being passionate about diving our company's performance individually and through others.
If you have these skills, relevant engineering qualifications and have the specialist competencies and experience relevant to the petroleum, gas and energy sectors we would love to hear from you
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video