Nabors Industries owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout the world's most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
The Investor Relations & Corporate Development Analyst II is responsible for supporting both the Investor Relations and Corporate Development functions of the department. This job requires strong analytical and communication skills and high-level valuation experience, as it directly impacts major strategic decisions and large transactions as well as interfaces extensively with the most senior executives at the company.
The role has both an internal and external component. Internally, the Analyst will be performing analyses on potential acquisitions or divestitures, maintaining the corporate model, undertaking various market and competitor analyses, and communicating the conclusions to senior management. Externally, the Analyst will be interfacing regularly with bankers, attorneys, analysts and investors to effect potential transactions and communicate with key external stakeholders.
The analyst will be working as part of a team, but will be expected to be able to prioritize tasks often with little direction and operate independently. A proactive mindset, ability to rotate quickly between priorities, and effective communications skills are a must, to complement an underlying foundation of superior analytical skills. Maturity to interact confidently with senior executives also a requirement of the role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing analyses in support of potential acquisition or divestiture efforts, including performing valuation analysis, market or competitor analysis, analysis regarding market trends and marketing research
- Ownership of the corporate financial model, employing it to generate forecasts and scenario sensitivities for both internal and external use
- Proactively identifying potential acquisition targets in line with the company's strategy with accompanying market analysis
- Generating competitor analysis to assist in determining the best course of action and likely competitive response
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Developing presentations to be used for investor presentations
- Responding to inquiries from investors / analysts
- Accompanying executives to investor conferences to support messaging
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (analytical, financial or energy
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant financial or operational experience, preferably in the energy industry, or in the investment banking / consulting industries covering the energy industry
- Familiarity with GAAP principles and three-statement modeling, with extensive experience in valuation analysis for both public and private companies
- Advanced financial education in the form of a Series 7 or equivalent certification
- Experience working with investors in the Oilfield Service industry
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal presentation / communication skills across different audiences
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Commitment to customer service
- Ability to prioritize effectively between multiple tasks
- Strong competency in Excel, Power Point, financial modeling, and traditional valuation methodologies
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Some travel (less than 20%) required
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.