Position: Petrophysicist/ Petroleum Engineering SpecialistLocation: Saudi ArabiaJob Type: Expat
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a growing Oil & Gas Operator, is seeking a Petrophysicist/ Petroleum Engineering Specialist for an expat opportunity to be based in Saudi Arabia.
This senior technical position is embedded within the Reservoir Description Division business and, as a senior technical specialist in either exploration, development, or surveillance petrophysics, will engage with leaders and experts from across the upstream business.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct comprehensive petrophysical studies and analyses by integrating logging tool responses, rock, fluid and production data for formation evaluation and reservoir surveillance.
- Design and oversee core and fluid studies to enhance petrophysical models.
- Develop verifiable petrophysical models for incorporation into static and dynamic reservoir models for volumetric prediction and development planning.
- Evaluate new logging tools and data acquisition and analysis procedures in terms of cost and technology.
- Lead and participate in multidisciplinary teams.
- Act as technical advisor to management regarding best practices for the acquisition, analysis, interpretation and integration of logging data.
- Represent Company in external technical contacts with consultants, and vendors, etc.
- Participate in technical societies and technical groups.
- Mentor and train young professionals.
- BS degree in petroleum engineering, geology, geophysics, or physics. M.S. or Ph.D. is strongly desirable.
- Depth of experience: Minimum of 20 years of related experience including at least 15 years in petrophysics. Technical publications are strongly valued and in-depth practical experience is paramount.
- Breadth of experience: Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly with specialists in reservoir characterization, reservoir engineering and management, drilling, and production engineering.
- Extensive working knowledge of vendor tools and data acquisition practices.
- Demonstrated ability to use industry standard petrophysical data processing and interpretation software.
- Experience with integrated petrophysical studies and petrophysical modeling.
- Experience in mentoring/training/teaching is a plus.
- Various areas of specialties include: Acoustic, NMR, Corrosion & Well Integrity, Formation Testing & Sampling
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.