Monaca, Pennsylvania, United States
Monaca, Pennsylvania, United States
Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Monaca, Pennsylvania, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Shell Polymers Monaca Site, will be a world-scale petrochemical plant in Western Pennsylvania that upgrades locally-produced ethane from Marcellus and Utica shale formations gas production to make polyethylene. As construction of the site progresses, the site is now growing to support Commissioning and Start-Up activities and prepare for full operation in the early 2020s.
The Environmental Engineer will implement regulatory and compliance programs with focus on water and waste media, Asset Management Systems (AMS) and Control Framework Manuals, Specifications, and Standards.
- Support development of water / waste compliance programs.
- Develop QA/QC program for water / waste sampling and reporting of these data
- Work directly with operations and maintenance teams to assure sampling of NPDES outfalls as required in permit and waste is stored, characterized and disposed of properly per regulations.
- Develop / provided training materials to support environmental programs.
- Prepare Discharge Monitoring Reports for submittal to agency.
- Prepare various Waste Reports for submittal to agencies including PADEP and EPA.
- Responsible for information management and record keeping associated with water and waste programs.
- Investigate and determine corrective actions for any exceedances or violations.
- Support operations in any internal sampling programs to maintain compliance of permits.
- Support renewal of NPDES permit.
- Obtain and report water usage to PADEP.
- Assure laboratory and other discharges are compliant with Sanitary Sewer discharge requirements and approvals.
- Manage stormwater compliance, inspection, record keeping and reporting program
- Support Shell's HSSE & SP Control Framework manual documentation and compliance.
- Provide support and data for internal Performance Monitoring and Reporting.
- Assist in development of Asset Management System documentation for environmental programs.
- Provide support for internal and external audits and inspections
Reports to the Environmental Manager. Works with internal stakeholders and teams. Must be self-starter and self-motivator. Must be a team player. Engages stakeholders constructively and generates solutions to satisfy multiple expectations. Exhibits composure, adaptability and self-awareness in high stress situations. Develops and maintains effective, open and honest relationships internally and externally. Works with Commissioning and Start-up team and Operations.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree - Engineering, Science, or Technical
- Minimum five (5) years of regulatory or environmental experience
- Experience with water and waste environmental programs
- Experience with environmental compliance programs and tracking
- Experience working in tight timelines and time critical environments
- Familiar with reviewing and interpreting regulations
- Familiar with operations and interfaces
- Familiar with working with regulators
- Emergency Response Plan implementation experience
- Provide training to support environmental program areas
- Experience in Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Work, Excel and Power Point
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Hazard recognition, safety programs/experience, risk assessment, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Background in water and waste sampling / compliance
- Direct compliance management with water and waste medias
- Refining and / or chemical plant experience
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video