Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Santa Barbara, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Competentia seeks an Administrative Assistant V for a position in Santa Maria, CA area.
This role will be supporting a 2-3 year offshore platform decommissioning project in Santa Barbara, CA. Current project team is based in Houston, TX, but group needs to be closer onsite as the execution point becomes closer.
The successful candidate must demonstrate expert administrative and computer skills, flexibility, independent judgment and decision-making, excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor. The position requires a demonstration of strong collaboration, organization and communication skills. This position also requires the ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce and discreetly and routinely handle confidential information. Competencies that will lead to success include teamwork, initiative, attention to detail, prioritization, multi-tasking, and producing high quality, error-free work product.
We are looking for a candidate who is self-motivated, learns quickly, anticipates needs, works independently and has demonstrated the ability to handle multiple tasks. Business knowledge of Oil & Gas,
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Maintain managers' calendars. Responsible for event/meeting planning and coordination. Organize meeting logistics. Coordinate video and conference calls/bridges.
Organizes meeting logistics for daily, weekly, monthly and annual events. Meeting logistics include: catering, scheduling meeting rooms, arranging WebEx calls, setting up equipment for video conferencing, and emailing meeting notices, agendas and other key information.
Assist with travel requirements for group, ensuring customer has appropriate documents, as well as ensuring visitor travel needs are met, i.e.: local transportation, and change in flights, etc.
Provide support for day to day IT issues and/or work with the IT helpdesk.
Prepare expense reports for Program Director. Work with direct reports to resolve any issues which may arise with expense reports and time sheets.
Organize office moves, space planning, furnishings, computer equipment, supplies, etc.
Act as office coordinator ensuring all equipment is functioning (printers, fax, projectors, etc.).
Order supplies, equipment and services using Purchasing Card.
Assist with onboarding / offboarding of employees and contractors. Set up and maintain distribution lists.
Update organizational charts as appropriate.
Create monthly ergonomic reports from specific ergonomic applications.
Maintain filing systems (manual and electronic).
Assist in managing SharePoint by uploading documents.
Assist group with information management to ensure records retention guidelines are met. Enter data into various databases for reporting protocols, archiving, etc.
Prepare drafts and presentations from notes.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 10+ years prior administrative experience required, preferably in a complex project organization, Oil/Gas or Enterprise industry experience.
• Previous experience with organizing and coordinating office moves required.
• Computer literate, willing to learn new systems and able to provide support for day to day IT issues and/or work with the IT helpdesk.
• Intermediate/advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
• Experience with high volume e-mail correspondence and telephone usage.
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills, attention to detail.
• Previous experience making travel arrangements and facilitating team meetings required.
• Ability to use discretion and judgment in handling of confidential and sensitive business information.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of co-workers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
• Ability to prioritize work tasks effectively and manage schedules appropriately, perform multiple tasks with limited supervision. Adapt to changing needs when priorities shift.
• Knowledge of client systems, experience and proficiency with SharePoint, Ariba, CTREX preferred
• Analytical skills, ability to run reports and manipulate data for decision making.
Ideal candidate will have the following:
• Great attitude, proactive, self-motivated work ethic!
• Potential candidates from Bakersfield, SJVBU, previous Chevron experience, current workers rolling off assignments in the area - strongly preferred.
Competentia is more than a staffing company; we combine our long experience in the industry with a continuing commitment to innovation to provide a different level of customer service.
From the moment you begin planning your projects Competentia offers you real advantages in all areas related to staffing your teams and managing your manpower resources.
We offer strategic staffing solutions ranging from recruitment and onboarding to training, payrolling and mobilizing your human capital.
Above all we offer the expertise, experience and integrity to bring you genuine peace of mind as you manage one of the most challenging aspects of the modern technical market place.