OneSubsea, A Schlumberger Company, currently have an exciting opportunity for a HR Business Partner to join the team on a 12 month fixed term contract. Working for OneSubsea, we offer attractive benefits and work to a Flexible Hours Scheme.
This position will be based in our Portlethen office, Aberdeen. If you are degree qualified, with previous HR Generalist experience within the Oil & Gas Industry, this could be the role for you.
The HR Business Partner will support the implementation of HR Strategy in line with OneSubsea goals by providing an effective HR Service and specialist support enabling Managers to meet business objectives effectively through their people.
Roles and Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To provide Departmental Managers with strategic guidance and transactional support in all employee relations matters in line with Company policies and current employment legislation
- To coach and support managers in performance management, grievance and disciplinary related matters assessing potential risks to the business and ensuring correct processes are followed
- To review and revise policies where applicable to ensure they meet the needs of the business and are compliant with current employment legislation
- To work with Managers on addressing items that have arisen from the Employee Engagement survey and actively promote a culture of openness and engagement
- To drive performance management to build high performing functions, with increased levels of capability and reduced levels of poor performance, ensuring succession plans are in place and identified gaps being addressed
- To work closely with Cielo (RPO)to ensure positions are being filled in a timely manner with appropriately skilled people who operate in line with OneSubsea's purpose and core values
- To work with the Training Specialist and departmental managers to establish appropriate development initiatives are to ensure appropriate skills and capabilities of the workforce are in place to meet business needs.
- To establish and maintain close relationships with employees to provide support and guidance on HR related matters
- To analyse HR Management Information to identify trends, patterns and areas that require attention
- To work on ad hoc projects and initiatives as identified by the HR Manager
- To ensure all work is undertaken in a safe manner in line with company health and safety guidelines
- To reflect and promote OneSubsea's "Core Values" of Responsibility, Integrity, Excellence, Collaboration and Innovation
Skills and Experience Required:
- Ideally degree qualified in a HR or business related subject
- CIPD Qualified or studying towards this qualification would be advantageous but is not essential for this position
- Must have a strong HR Generalist background
- Must be able to direct, influence, motivate and develop others.
- Must demonstrable ability to challenge in a constructive manner
- Ability to communicate at all levels, in a manner that develops trust and credibility across the organization.
- A motivated self-starter with effective team working and project management and planning skills.
- Ability to work in a complex, challenging environment to tight deadlines
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Packages and ideally SAP
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.