Lead Solar Engineer
Location: Sao Paulo - Brazil
- Determine the optimum choice of equipment (modules, inverter, structure) to meet and comply with project goals
- Use modeling and estimation software such as PVsyst, PlantPredict, NREL SAM etc. to create production estimates including assumptions for losses due to equipment, electrical losses, temperature and loading.
- Put together high-level schedule and cost roadmap for utility scale and C&I type projects in Brazil
- Prepare technical documents to pull the necessary permits and grid interconnection agreements.
- Design projects compliant with applicable internal and external codes and standards
- Manage external engineering consultants and OEs to provide engineering support for early stage and late stage projects.
- Support business development team to prepare technical docs to enable solar development efforts.
- Support troubleshooting and resolution of applicable project engineering, construction and performance issues.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Brazil, Shell has been present for more than a century (since 1913), and was the first international oil company to produce oil in Brazil, in the Campos Basin, after the market was opened up to private investment. Currently, Shell is one of the largest energy companies in the Brazilian market.
Shell in Brazil is also a major producer of lubricants and, through RaÃzen (a joint venture with a Brazilian energy and logistics group), invests in the production of sugar cane ethanol, a viable biofuel alternative for smarter and cleaner mobility in the future.
We deliver energy responsibly, aiming to meet society's energy demands today and in the future in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. We operate safely with respect to our neighbors and work to minimize our environmental impact.
We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
Successful candidate profile:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience or equivalent in design and engineering of solar projects.
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time and being able work efficiently and productively in remote locations.
- Through experience working with several technical consultants, owners' engineers (OE) and independent engineers (IE) within solar industry.
- Familiarity of local permitting and grid connection requirements.
- Strong written and communication skills, being able to present their idea within technical and non-technical sectors.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video