Skills: Purchasing, Supply & Distribution
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Coffeyville, Kansas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Location: Coffeyville, KS
Duration: Direct Hire
This position is accountable for direct purchases of chemicals, catalysts, spare parts inventory, consumables and capital spares for the efficient operation of the facility. Duties include overseeing purchasing, warehouse and inventory management and working closely with associated functions such as accounts payable and contractor management. Additionally, this position is responsible for daily and monthly production reports for the facility. This position will work with the Vice President of Procurement to maintain supplier relationships to ensure cost effective and efficient use of company funds.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in business or supply chain highly desirable
- Supply Chain related certifications: Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) / Certificate in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) / Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) highly desired
- 10 years minimum procurement and/or warehouse experience. Contract Management experience helpful.
- 3 years minimum supervisory experience
- Experience with Oracle, Maximo or other ERP system
- Proficient in MS Office suite of software
- Experience or ability to learn in Business Objects
- Demonstrated knowledge of accepted ethical purchasing policy and procedures required
- Effective communicator and negotiator in terms of both verbal and written skills
- Fluent in English, both oral and written required
- Ability to resolve increasingly complex problems
- Ability to adjust work schedule to accommodate unexpected changes
- Must have "Customer Service" driven management style
Oversees the purchase activities for the facility. Focus on continuous improvement.
Coordinates and works with Manager of Contracts on the contractor management and time entry functions
Supports warehouse operations in the most cost efficient manner consistent with safety and environmental policies
Ensures the receipt, storage and issue of warehouse materials are performed in an accurate timely manner
Evaluates and coordinates and controls critical items to ensure needed materials are available to avoid costly delays in the operation of units
Ensures the Procurement function supports Operations / Facility through the complete Procure to Pay process. From requesting quotes to the successful payment to the supplier.
Prepares accurate daily and monthly production reports per company control guidelines.
Purchasing and inventory levels are coordinated with maintenance and operations to reduce downtime and maximize efficiency
Reports are accurate and timely.
Subordinates are prepared to take on expanded roles for the facility.
Ensure Procurement and Inventory Management are "Customer Service" focused.
Ensure ethical purchasing and inventory management practices are followed
Competitive bidding occurs appropriately
Adherence to all company policies and procedures
Located minutes from downtown Houston, "The Energy Capital of the World," G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc. is a staffing specialist to the Oil and Gas Industry.
G.A.S. Unlimited, Inc. was established in 1970 as an Oil and Gas staffing firm serving companies along theTexas Gulf Coast. Since our inception, we have grown into a global Staffing Specialist assisting the United States' top Energy companies and professionals. We are dedicated to providing the leading EPC and Operating companies with superior staffing services and employment management across the nation and around the world, while matching our employees with their future project opportunities.
Our priority is matching clients with employees, not only based on job requirements and worker expertise, but giving due consideration to the business goals of our clients as well.
A growing market requires focused endeavors to circumvent industry challenges. We manage your employment requests; improving cost control, increasing productivity, and reducing risks.
Design and Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Start-up, Operations and Maintenance
Contract, Direct, Contract-to-Direct, Project Management, Payroll Services, Global Logistics and Resources, Recruitment: Expats, OCNs, Locals
Fast fact about G.A.S. Unlimited
• Headquarters: 15999 City Walk Suite 200 Sugar Land, TX 77479 United States
• Website: http://www.gasglobal.com
• Industry: Staffing and Recruiting
• Type: Privately Held
• Company Size: 501-1000 employees
• Founded: 1970
• 42 Years in Business
• Leader in its Field
• Work with Nearly All of the Leading Global EPC Firms (Bechtel, CB&I Lummus, Fluor, Foster Wheeler, Jacobs, KBR, Shaw, Technip, Wood Group, Worley Parsons)
• Provided services to clients on 6 continents
•Focus on All Phases of Asset Life Cycle (Engineering/Design, Construction, Commissioning/Start Up, Operations & Maintenance)
•Operations in 15 Countries
•Expanding to 12 new countries in 2011
•40 years of staffing experience
•Global provider of highly skilled contract personnel to the Energy industry