Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Skills: Crane Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Assistant Crane Operator Reports to: Crane Operator / Deck Foremen Location: Offshore, East Coast
Operate Drillship/MODU cranes in support of drilling operations. Direct Roustabouts as necessary to support on-going rig operations. Assist in handling freight to or from helicopters and boats. Implement and uphold safety and environmental compliance requirements. Safely and efficiently perform all duties assigned by the Rig Manager or designated representative during drilling, work over and completion operations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Stage/Level 2 Crane Offshore Assessment considered an asset
- Experienced in supervision of Roustabout crews
- Six months of experience as a Roustabout or comparable experience
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive Training
- Marine Advanced First Aid
- Helicopter Landing Officer
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Regulatory Awareness
- WHMIS 2015
- CAPP Medical
- Rigging Slinging Banksman
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Supervise 3 or more workers during the performance of their duties.
- Supervise the upkeep and maintenance of the paint locker.
- Supervise housekeeping operations when cranes are not in use.
- Direct Roustabouts as necessary to support on-going rig operations.
- Safely and efficiently perform all duties assigned by the Rig Manager or designated representative during drilling, work over and completion operations.
- Ensure all operations are proceeding in a safe manner, and responsible for correcting or notifying responsible person of any unsafe acts and/or conditions which exist.
- Attend and participate in pre-tour, post tour, special operations and weekly safety meetings.
- Assists in handling freight to or from helicopters and boats.
- Ensure that all bulk material hoses are extended and purged with boat's air system prior to use.
- Knowledgeable in all crane and rigging safety instructions and regulations.
- Be knowledgeable on operational limits of cranes and associated lifting equipment.
- Maintain adequate fuel supply at all times.
- Ensures correct hand signals used for crane operations.
- Records all heavy lifts and lifts contrary to manifest in the crane report.
Maintenance and Repair
- Responsible for maintaining the exterior of the hull, main deck, substructure and heliport.
- Inspect the cranes daily and lubricate as required by the maintenance manual and applicable code requirements, American Petroleum Institute (API), ABS and DNV.
- Ensure cranes are kept clean.
- Must know how to inspect the crane's systems and equipment and associated rigging equipment.
- Be knowledgeable of the company paint specifications and procedures.
- Complete daily and weekly crane reports in a timely fashion and notify supervisor of any defects.
- Inspect, maintain and keep a complete and up-to-date inventory of all slings, chains, ropes, shackles, and other hoisting equipment.
- Other duties as required
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send your resume to Jacqueline.Ouellet@puglisevich.com