Skills: Drilling Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our client is looking for a Drilling Engineer for a 12 month contract basis, located in Aberdeen.
Maturation of a portfolio of Subsea NPNT Development wells beginning in Q2 2019. Located within the front end design team for Well Engineering to deliver maximum value to the assigned asset whilst maintaining PTW Operated and HS&E standards.
- Prepare well designs and cost estimates for allocated project following the company's Global Well Delivery Process (GWDP).
- Ensure that the GWDP and controls are implemented for all designs, thereby safeguarding the technical integrity of the assets.
- Ensure continuous improvement processes and tools are adopted and embedded.
- Drive functional excellence for wells activities ensuring that local, regional and global learning are communicated and taken account of as appropriate.
- Ensure deviations from technical standards are only conducted with the appropriate level of technical authorisation.
- Ensure adherence to change control procedures in the event of programme amendments.
- Participate in and share best practices ensuring lateral learning across the wider wells organisation
- Have a Degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or a similar technical or scientific discipline.
- Extensive experience in semi-submersible well planning and execution.
- The candidate must be familiar with all aspects of well design such as well costing, casing design and programme writing, and be familiar with well engineering software such as Wellplan, Compass and the ability to understand WellCAT outputs.
- Experience in drilling depleted wells with tight margins will be an advantage as are engineers with previous experience and a Round II certificate.