Skills: Commercial Management
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Gloucestershire, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The purpose of the post is to negotiate, place and manage contracts through the development of cost models, co-operation of technical input, analysis of cost data, contract negotiation and analysis of contract terms. Working to the Head of Services Contracts, this post will take responsibility for managing the lifecycle of Service Contracts.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND TRAINING
- Well-honed leadership skills and department / team management experience, including associated organisation development activities.
- Demonstrates a track record of success, achievement and learning in career to date, adding value within relevant positions.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations (working on the buying and / or selling side).
- Proven experience in commercial analysis, procurement processing and contract administration in a similar environment (e.g. construction contracting).
- Good knowledge and understanding of contractual legal T&Cs.
- Capable user of analytical tools (e.g. MS Excel).
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, including strong written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrates high levels of attention to detail and data integrity.
- Proactive in approach, uses initiative readily and is highly solution / delivery focussed.
- Ability to learn, adapt and thrive, delivering value in a changing and evolving organisation.
- Demonstrates consistently high leadership standards and sets an inspiring personal example through actively demonstrating and living the Vision, Values and behaviours when they are implemented.
- Flexibility and mobility to undertake business travel as required.
- Business Administration or Finance degree from accredited university.
- Accreditation in field of finance or business administration.
- Some experience and exposure to the Nuclear sector.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
People are our business worldwide
Orion Group are one of the world's largest Engineering Recruitment Specialists. With over 22 years experience Orion are market leaders in the field of International oil & gas recruitment, with regional offices in all the worlds major oil centres, including Houston, Aberdeen, Singapore, Alaska and Kazakhstan. Orion currently has around 4000 contractors working worldwide with 8 offices in the UK and 19 internationally.
Orion work with some of the world's largest companies providing manpower solutions for both contract and permanent positions. The group operates within the following industry sectors: Oil & Gas, Power & Utilities, Construction, Aerospace, Rail, Mining, IT & Telecoms and Office & Commercial.
In 2009 Orion were awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise in the International Trade category