Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
General day to day activities and execution of SIS work instructions. Maintenance and preparation of equipment as per instructions. To follow QHSE (Oceaneering and Client) under supervision.
- Control asset tracking and utilization globally.
- Ensure yearly calibration/servicing of assets.
- Control of workshop and storage area - ensuring orderliness standards are kept and assets are secure.
- Deal with freight courier and logistics companies to improve efficiency of day to day logistical operations.
- Maintain a communication link with global regional representatives in relation to assets.
- Ensure adequate information is provided for preparation and issue of invoices in an accurate and timely manner.
- Be fully conversant with logistics and asset management techniques/procedures and customs requirements.
- Create and issue equipment movement orders (EMO's) between regional locations through the PeopleSoft on-line requisition system, ensuring key documentation is at hand for courier companies.
- Utilise computer-assisted drawing applications for design and improvement of inspection systems.
- Travel alone or as part of a team, to be self sufficient and organised in pre job equipment preparation, execution and post job activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities
- SIS Global Logistics Manager
- GCSE qualification (min.5) to include Mathematics, English and Science related subjects.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- An individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence.
- Degree or equivalent in a Engineering/Mechanical/Electrical related qualification.
- HNC in an associated Engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and other asset management software's.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Develops workable implementation plans and communicates changes effectively, monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.