Skills: Hydraulic & Pneumatic, Mechanic
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: Troubleshoots, diagnoses, repairs, reconditions and services oil field equipment, systems and components to ensure continuous operation with all appropriate regulations, and Basic’s policies, practices, and procedures. This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Area Manager, Area Superintendent, or Field Supervisor
Directs Reports: Yardhand
Major duties to include one or more of the following:
- Performs diagnosis and provides consultation for problems on various types of oil well service equipment based on reports from the field
- Checks mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble, adjusting functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary or determines other actionable steps to resolve issues
- Performs required repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment
- Consults with DOT drivers at checkpoints to assist in resolving problems as necessary
- Acts as liaison between drivers and management in resolving mechanical issues
- Cleans, lubricates, or adjusts parts equipment, or machinery
- Travel may be required to the field to conduct repair work
- May be required to work outside of normal work schedule to meet customer needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be competent in Engine Diagnostic Programs
- Preferred - Detroit, CAT, Cumies, Mack
- Must have transmission knowledge
- Must have knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, pneumatics and rebuilding components
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as mechanic
- Must have experience in using hand tools
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of employees
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
- ASC certified
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Occasional lifting and carrying of 10-50 lbs may be necessary when performing repairs to equipment both in the yard and in the field
- May be required to enter tight spaces or other areas by the use of ladders or other access devices
- Physical activity including long periods of standing, squatting, kneeling, reaching or similar activities may be necessary
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions and may be either in a shop environment or outside in the field in all temperatures.
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment