Nabors Industries owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout the world's most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Design, develop, implement and support application systems to meet business, informational, and technical needs. This position is also expected to provide guidance to Systems Analyst when necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify potential problems and recommend solutions to the most complex data design scenarios
- Provide estimates, deliver well documented program code and prepare code in accordance with Nabors designs usability, performance standards, and graphic user interface
- Assist as technical data resource to cross functional teams
- Develop, code and/or configure and test programs from clear specifications to meet business needs and ensure functionality of applications
- Diagnose and solve common system problems while working under pressure to meet aggressive deadlines in an environment with limited resources
- Assist on projects involving complex interfaces and interdependencies between systems and also integrating multiple solutions
- Participate in systems design, working within an established framework to maximize system efficiency
- Prepare documentation of all procedures used in systems to aid in user training and troubleshooting issues
- Develop detailed flowcharts to show processing logic for simple programs; debug systems to provide daily operational support for production systems
- Interface with business analyst to clarify requirement; participate in the feasibility analysis for new systems/applications to determine how applications and processes can be improved
- Contribute to the development of test plans and participate in post-implementation reviews to ensure requirements are met
- Monitor the operating efficiency of existing application systems
- Provide proactive maintenance to prevent application or system issues
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 3+ years Agile methodology
- 3+ years Microsoft Azure PaaS development
- 5+ years .Net development
- Proficient in .Net microservices
- Working experience with HTML5
- Experience with RDBMS databases (e.g. Oracle) and PL/SQL programming
- Dev Ops experience
- Hands on coding of UI, middle tier and back end database programing based on defined standards to deliver world class business solutions.
- Proficient troubleshooting skills
- BS in Computer Science with current 5+ years working with the following technologies:-
- .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.0
- ASP.NET Webform using C#
- WCF/Web Services
- Asp.Net REST services
- Writing PL-SQL/SQL using Oracle/SQL Server
- TFS 2010/2012
- Experience in log analytics tools such as ELK/Splunk
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.