Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, repair and administration of all ship board equipment and machinery including the hull
- Responsible for accurately maintaining maintenance logs for all vessel related equipment, such as engine room equipment, mechanical and electrical, deck machinery and equipment, ship, hull, hotel facilities etc.
- Responsible for the day to day organization of the Engine Room department onboard directly or through delegation, and the supervision thereof.
- Responsible for all reporting and history updating into the NSS planned maintenance program
- Responsible through delegation for computer networks and prevention of unauthorized software being installed and used
- Responsible for the administration and upkeep of the vessel's Planned Maintenance System
- Responsible for the upkeep of relevant machinery surveys and certification
- Maintain current and complete vendors' manual for all vessel related equipment
- Ensure, through uniform stock & quantity control that adequate inventory and level of spares is always maintained
- Inform the Master when there is any doubt about the quality of the potable water
- To be familiar with all Company procedures, including the Safety Management System, applicable to his duties
- Responsible for refusing unsafe work and for carrying out all work accordance with the established safety standards and work practices.
- Taking part in emergency and occupational onboard training such as, the use of self-contained breathing apparatus, firefighting, man overboard exercises, lifeboat launching, security drills and/or other training as applicable for the function
- Wearing, inspecting and caring for required personal protective equipment.