Skills: Control Room Operations
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood is searching for a A Operator with offshore Control Room Operator experience to work in the deepwater of the GoM.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Boothville, LA
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Maintaining communications (informative and directive) with key people on the asset and third parties off the plant to achieve safe and productive co-ordination of activities
- Keeping records and logs of process parameters for routine purposes and in accordance with any special (temporary) requirements
- Maintaining an overview of the permit to work system and all activities in progress
- Performing shift and trip handover according to the required standard and procedures
- Ensuring that any detection or protection system, over rides or inhibits are recorded in writing in accordance with the required procedure and that plant is only operated within the dispensation period allocated to any operational deviations
- Controlling / adjusting the system to minimise downtime and contribute to the achievement of production targets (within work scope and equipment availability / capability constraints)
- Preparing production reports
- Performing first line maintenance / identifying faults and reporting deficiencies / initiating remedial action
- Monitoring plant isolations and remotely co-ordinating isolation de-isolation activities
- Maintaining an overall safe status for the plant and systems
- Controlling critical situations and establishing appropriate communications and directing / performing initial actions in response to emergencies
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1-3 years of offshore CRO experience required; Subpart-O / T-2 certification required.
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; 3-5 years' offshore CRO experience preferred; Related subsea wells, oil and gas operations experience is required, as well as, Subpart-O / T-2 certification required.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.