Spring, Texas, United States
Spring, Texas, United States
Skills: Secretarial or Administrative, Materials Management , Supply Chain Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Spring, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Equipment Specialist assists in the administration and coordination of Strike's owned and rental equipment to include excavators, forklifts, backhoes, and dozers. Duties include maintaining accurate records of equipment, ensuring compliance with government rules and regulations, and filing paperwork in support of this compliance as needed. The Equipment Specialist may schedule repairs or preventative maintenance, ensuring that the necessary numbers of equipment vehicles are available at all times and may assist in after-hours equipment issues that arise.
Primary Job Function:
- Take calls from the field regarding equipment needs and source rental equipment/company owned to fulfill these needs; both in state and out of state
- Negotiate rental rates and delivery fees with rental companies and assist in getting new rental accounts set up.
- Manage calls from the field about any fleet problems and assist in their resolution
- Initiate and maintain division rental lists
- Schedule necessary maintenance for company owned equipment to ensure equipment is in top working order
- Data entry of new equipment into FTMS and Spectrum, and removal of equipment out of FTMS and Spectrum once sold
- Maintain a list of Road Vault S/N on all equipment and ensure Road Vaults are installed properly on equipment and updated
- Help set up and maintain the FISR site for inspection/service reporting
- Update services in Verizon Connect
- Running ITT test on Road Vaults
- Receiving ITT test and making the changes in Verizon Connect for the field
- Enter and remove units from Verizon Connect
- Set up all new Road Vault services into Verizon Connect
- Maintain the Strike unit numbers in the Vision Link and JD Link sites
- Build folders for accounting on all new/leased units
- Assist in maintaining the corporate fleet
- Assist with Strike Net regarding Equipment's content
- Take calls after hours and weekends for equipment needs
- Work in UR Control to track rentals and off rent equipment
- Work closely with Corporate dispatch for field trucking needs
- Maintain a list of all lease and RPO equipment
- A minimum of 2 years' of construction equipment or related experience preferred.
- Prior knowledge of equipment rental vendors, contract negotiation and review within the field is preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS products, including Word, Excel, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Bachelor's degree is desired.
- Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the automotive field.
- Utilizes exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and emphasis on quality.
- Accuracy, timeliness, tact, self-starter, problem-solving skills, and ability to work effectively with both employees and managers.
- Proven time management and follow-through skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Respect for confidentiality concerning employee information and company records.
- Convey a positive and professional image to employees.
- Regularly required to sit, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms to grasp.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Complies with Strike's policies and procedures.
- Complies with Strike's Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment.
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety.
- Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and productivity.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Strike is an Equal Opportunity Employer