Skills: Maintenance Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Job Title: Instrument Technician
Ref No: 2018-12310
Location: Aberdeen - Offshore
Project: Repsol - Claymore
Duration: adhoc - 1 trip
WorleyParsons are recruiting for an Instrument Technician on an adhoc basis.
Purpose / Role
- To ensure that the performance and availability of instrumentation and control systems meets the standards required to achieve safety, production and environmental targets.
Key aims and objectives
- To execute all activities safely and efficiently to agreed work plans, safety management system requirements and best working practices.
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Carrying out planned maintenance in accordance with the requirements of the planned maintenance system.
- Assisting with the coordination of spare parts requirements and the optimisation of spares stack levels
- Carrying out unplanned maintenance as required
- Minimising downtime and contributing to the achievement of production targets
- Preparing technical reports as required
- Fault finding and rectification for instrumentation systems
- Carrying out isolations of instrument and control systems
- Holding special responsibility for the maintenance of fire and gas detection and alarm systems
- Inspection and maintenance of instrumentation equipment in hazardous areas
- Recognised Instrument Apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme
- HNC in Control/ Instrumentation Engineering (Post 2009 apprenticeships)
- NVQ/SVQ Level 3 certification or equivalent in Maintenance
- COMPEX (Hazardous Areas)
- Minimum SBT01&02 (must be current i.e. within previous 12 months) or current TSBT01&02 (Instrument disciplines only)
- Knowledge of hydrocarbon/Industrial production systems and associated hazards
- Good understanding of process instrumentation
- Good knowledge of process control systems
- Good knowledge of fire and gas detection and ESD systems
- Clear understanding of cause and effect logic diagrams
- Fully familiar with the permit to work system and isolation procedures
- Able to carry out all activities safely and efficiently to agreed work plans, safety management system requirements and best working practices as required by supervisor
- Able to complete work history / reports to the required standard as outlined by supervisor
- Isolating and de-isolating instrumentation and control equipment in accordance with the site electrical safety rules (client and /or WORLEYPARSONS)
- Must have the necessary competencies in instrument discipline to carry out routine, corrective, breakdown and condition based maintenance
- Able to carry out fault finding and installation, isolation and re-instatement of offshore equipment
- Ability to carry out work-site inspections
- Able to read, interpret and mark up instrumentation technical schematic drawings to as built status
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR).