Skills: Business Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Our client is looking for a Business Development Manager for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
The Business Development Manager will work to improve the company's market position and achieve financial growth. The Business Development manager will define long-term company strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
New Business Development
- Prospect for new clients and turn this into increased business with a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Cold call as appropriate within the local market to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Meet potential clients by maintaining and growing your network
- Identify potential clients and the decision makers within the client company
- Research and build relationships with new clients by preparing account plans
- Plan approaches and presentations.
- Work with the team to develop proposals that speaks to the client's needs, concerns and objectives
- Participate in pricing the product / solution or service
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasising agreements and working through differences to a positive solution.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately
- Present positive image to clients
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships
- Work with internal team to meet customer needs
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions such as events, conferences and provide feedback and information on market trends
- Consult with Operations Director on business trends with a view to developing new services, products and distribution channels
- In conjunction with Marketing coordinator Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to increased sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling point and differentiators
- Collaborate with teams to develop proposals/ tenders and cost models that address the client's needs, concerns and objectives.
Management and Research
- Create and manage pipeline report to record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet targets
- Manage Sales Engineer to increase sales of current and prospective customers
- Manage Marketing Coordinator to increase brand awareness by creating marketing plan and campaign.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification, tender documents, vendor list approval) are fulfilled within a timely manner
- Operating as part of the company's management team directly answering to Operations Director
- Establish KPIs for external sales and marketing team
- Work closely with the manufacturers to arrange joint visits
- Submit monthly progress reports and ensure data is correct
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company's CRM
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light
Health & Safety & HR
- Ensure compliance with all H&S instruction and ensure safe working practices for self and all staff
- The jobholder will be expected to maintain close and effective personal working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- In particular, the jobholder will be expected to liaise effectively with the management regarding any internal and external customer issues.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- The ability to keep objectives and goals firmly in sight
- Team player who works productively with a wide range of people.
- Excellent networking skills
- Motivation for sales
- Prospecting skills
- Sales planning
- Identification of customer needs and challenges
- Meeting sales goals