Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Singapore, Singapore
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
1. Provide advice on all environmental matters to members in the Production Units assigned, including contractors.
- Give environmental advice on day to day operations, eg, plant operation, construction, plant modification, maintenance works, transportation and other works conducted in or related to site operations;
- Give advice, with regard to environmental aspects on design, selection, purchase and installation of new equipment arising from small to medium sized projects.
- Assess and investigate the incident reports with regard to environmental issues and advise on mitigation or preventive measures if appropriate;
2. Ensure that sound environmental control systems and practices are maintained and being well followed by
- Reviewing the environmental strategy and control systems with regular confirmation of field practices.
- Monitoring environmental performance and provide technical/HSE assistance to the field while advising on ways to improve overall environmental performance.
3. Develop and implement environmental solutions for your designated areas/subject matter, working with cross functional/disciplines and influencing key stakeholders to achieve the Environment tactics/goals.
4. Ensure ENCs and Oil Spills are investigated and reported. Identifying solutions options and to develop projects.
5. Collect the necessary data on environmental performance to produce the environmental reports for the stakeholders and the authorities as applicable.
6. Maintain and continually improve on the Environmental Aspects of the HEMP Implementation Plan.
7. Raise Management of Change (MOC) to solve problems as required.
- Safeguard and enhance the licence to operate and reputation of Shell Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site by assuring compliance to applicable HSE legislation, regulations and Group/DS-M standards.
- Drive Bukom's Environmental Zero Oil Tactic by changing the site field practices and impacting the site's mindset towards "No Harm to the Environment" and Goal Zero.
- Create and maintain environmental awareness through day-to-day basis environmental advice, training/education and campaigns to employees and contractors.
Key Challenges in this job
- Balanced environmental advice on plant operation and optimisation.
- Advice to operations on maintaining licence compliance.
- Information sharing with other Group locations and outside authorities.Causal analysis for incidents to drive improvement and identifying solution options.
- Ensure all legal, regulatory, Shell Group and DS-M Environmental requirements are translated into transparent and pragmatic site work processes and procedures.
- Assures site delivery on Environmental programmes are met in accordance with local/country regulations and Group environmental standards.
- Become the Environment focal point in the Production Unit (PU) assigned. Become part of the PU day team support member to implement Environmental Improvement Programme such as Zero Oil Business Tactic and ensure all activities are conducted and managed in PU are in accordance with agreed Environmental practices and procedure as outlined in the site management system and the necessary environmental performance reporting requirements.
- Conduct Environment field walkabout to raise environment awareness and conduct environment field audit to ensure field environment compliance. Monitor, track, drive action items to closure.
- Provides environmental support to Projects & T/A event to achieve Goal Zero aspiration.
- Responsible for the Environment portion of the comprehensive HSSE Plan for turnaround events and projects, and to ensure environmental practices and/or procedures are communicated and practiced during execution.
- Report and investigate ENCs and oil spills with Production Unit (PU) team and lead/assist to develop projects and solutions to problems to prevent recurrence.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience as
- Environmental Engineer; or Chemical Engineer; or Process Engineer or related disciplines.
- Working experiences in a Refinery or Chemical Plant or Oil Industry would be advantages.
- Familiar with Singapore Environmental Regulations.
- Knowledgeable for ISO 14001 management system.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional business teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.Technical competency and strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video