Skills: Rotating Equipment
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Mechanical Rotating Engineer is responsible for performing engineering duties in planning, designing, supporting procurement, overseeing construction, commissioning and maintenance of Production Facilities. In-depth understanding of plant operations, process technologies, supply and product logistics, business drivers, cost drivers, and feed stock sensitivities. Must also demonstrate the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams producing reports, studies and presentations that are pivotal in shaping management's decisions. Meet or exceed customer expectations in a timely manner within the budget limits.
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in sizing and rating of equipment packages used in plant and field facilities, material selection and mechanical integrity requirements.
- Create PFD, PID and facility layout documents, defining piping NDT requirements
- Develop a project's scope of work, estimates, and/or schedules, project economics, risk and contingency analysis discipline
- Create General Arrangement, mechanical system design, including piping and associated calculations
- Create specification of gas compression, mechanical systems and piping, including compressors, gas dehydration equipment, packages, vessels and tanks, pumps, etc.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Develops major equipment and material selection, construction specifications and Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQ) and technical bid evaluations.
- Reviews and approves project drawings, standards and specifications.
- Preparation and development of engineering construction drawings. Equipment performance specifications
- Ensures that all assigned activities and operations comply with applicable codes, regulations and laws.
- Provides technical direction, support and information to other engineers, designers and drafters.
- Provides support to fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and client specifications.
- Provide construction & commissioning support during project execution
- Coordinates activities with other project disciplines involved in fabrication, operation, application, and installation or repair of various materials, products or systems.
- Review "as-built" drawings and re-run or check calculations, as required, to ensure conformity.
- Take an active role in developing Onsurface Standards.
- Continuously improve rotating engineering designs of OneSurface projects to decrease equipment and construction costs and improve equipment reliability and life.
- Perform troubleshooting and major repair of oil and gas rotating equipment, such as air compressors, pumps and diesel generators.
- Provide input to the "Lessons learned" process and utilize findings from the process to update tools and processes.
- Conduct technical training sessions covering Codes and industry Standards requirements for Product Engineering and Project Management staff.
- Participate in the professional community organizations and trade organizations within the discipline.
- Participate in continuing education to maintain professional status as required by licensing authorities and to enhance professional skills.
- Advise and assist project and discipline engineers with the interpretation and clarification of applicable industry Codes and Client Specification requirements.
- Interact with Onesurface engineering offices and assist with rotating engineering design, as required.
- Check the work by others as required.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering with 15 years relevant experience designing and documenting gas compression plants and O&G production facilities since concept to maintenance
- In depth knowledge of industry international codes and standards such us, Extensive Knowledge of Industry standards like ASME, API, NFPA, NACE, PIP
- In depth knowledge of Change management.
- Leadership in quality and safety standards, including safety considerations in engineering design operations.
- Proficiency using AutoCAD and CADWorkx is a must.
- Ability to coordinate others to accomplish objectives
- Strong creative ability to design compression plants and early production facilities.
- Fundamental understanding of HAZOPs and safety studies.
- Extensive knowledge in utilization of process simulation tools like HYSYS, PipeSim, Flarenet, AspenTech, Ariel Program
- Proficient in utilization of Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, including safety considerations in engineering design operations.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communications
- Proven experience with design and execution in projects related to Production Facilities
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.