Instrumentation Engineer Location:
Houston, TX Start Date:
September 2018 Summary:
Projects range from preliminary design studies to installation and commissioning. Projects include storage and offloading (FPSO/FSO) systems, turrets, marine terminals for product import/export, and tower yoke and spread moorings for tanker based floating production. QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering required
- FPSO experience is preferred.
- Experience with different instrumentation technologies such as strain gauges, angle monitoring, san and corrosion detection, and multi-phase flow.
- Ability to work with certifying agencies such as DNV, BV, and ABS.
- Some hazardous area design experience to API 505, IEC Ex, ATEX, EI 15, etc.
- Ability to:
- design single line drawings power distribution systems
- design simple PLC based control panels and systems and programming utilizing Allen Bradley PLC's
- participate in HAZOPS and HAZIDS
- generate schematics for instrumentation and junction boxes
- ability to design of safety system (SIS), fire and gas mapping and detection, emergency shutdown systems and SIL levels
- develop an understand other project deliverables such as i/o list, and hazardous area registers
- select and specify both cable and cable glands and be able to generate a cable schedule
- working on FEED studies as needed
- An understanding of PLC programming with the ability to communicate with DCS/SCADA programmers such as Honeywell
- Knowledge/understanding of:
- data base design software such as SmartPlant or Aveva E3D
- communications networking i.e. HART protocol, ControlNet, and Ethernet
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.