Skills: Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer, Technical Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Norco Refinery, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The role of the Senior Technologist - Lower Olefins is to provide onsite support for the Norco Refinery for all aspects of Base Chemicals. The position is Co-located on site which means you can make a visible impact on our business as you are the direct link between the refinery and decision-makers in our Base Chemicals Center of Expertise (CoE) team in Amsterdam. Your goal is to understand what the site needs and provide a high quality service that meets Shells wider commercial goals. You can expect to direct the action at Norco refinery supporting the site through troubleshooting, proactive monitoring, turnaround support, throughout the steam cracker and BD Plants.
- Coach & support the local site to build competency / increased self-help
- Provide solid contribution to develop and delivery to the sites site Value Growth Plan to improve competitive position.
- Troubleshooting support, Pro-active monitoring, and prognostics
- Margin optimization identification and implementation
- Technology Deployment
- Link to Projects and Technology (P&T) for sharing of local lessons learned with central Center of Expertise (CoE)
- Implementing lessons from other sites and central CoE.
The successful candidate should expect to spend one day per week at the Shell Technology Center in Houston.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbors and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Minimum of ten (10+) years solid process engineering and/or technology skills. Technical experience in Base Chemicals technology preferred.
- Manufacturing experience.
- Masters degree in Chemical Engineering or related field is preferred
- Substantial process engineering and/or technology skills.
- Wide range technical experience in lower Olefins technology preferred.
- TA3 competency for manufacturing Technical Support
- Ability to develop and maintain relations at the sites and engage other stakeholders
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video