Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: New Iberia, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
This position is responsible for supporting the Company's drilling projects, under direction of Rig Manager, oversees drill crew, ensuring safe and efficient work procedures as well as a clean and safe workplace.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Supervises and ensures safety of drilling crew as well as efficient operations during tour of duty.
- Responsible for maintaining full work crew.
- Must be capable of responding to emergency situations including, but not limited to, wellbore influxes, hydrogen sulfide detection and major mechanical or structural failures.
- Must be capable of quickly evacuating the facility to avoid injury during emergencies. Must also provide assistance with regard to rescue operation for injuries or overcome personnel.
- Ensures that crew members are properly trained and familiarized with standard operating procedures to include, but not limited to, proper care and maintenance of the rig and drill string, including lubrication of equipment and housekeeping.
- Responsible for enforcement and clarification of Company policies and procedures with crew members. Responsible for promoting the Behavior Based Safety Program.
- Provide encouragement, assistance and guidance to crew members with their training.
- Responsible for the drill floor and the control of all drilling and associated activities.
- Ensure well depth and depth of string is known at all times and that the pipe tally, drill string tally and BHA records are accurate and up to date.
- Ensure the BOPs and Choke Manifold are lined up to function as per agreed procedures. Perform regular kick and pit drills and maintain pre well kill information ensuring they are accurate and up to date.
- Monitor the well for possible deviation's at all times.
- Ensure the drill floor and associated areas are maintained in a clean, tidy, and hazard free condition.
- Maintain accurate records of ton miles. Responsible for slipping and cutting drill line.
- Assist service personnel and coordinate drill crew during operations with service personnel.
- Instigate and conduct Safety, Pre-Tour and Pre-Job meetings on tour and off tour as required.
- Responsible for timely and accurate submission of various reports, such as: drilling report, preventive maintenance/equipment report, or any other required by Rig Manager or operator's representative.
- Responsible for the closing out of all work permits in a timely manner.
- Responsible for adequate working knowledge of assigned station during BOP control.
- Abide by Company policies, procedures and best practices at all times.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Note: Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed at any time at the discretion of your manager, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma (or GED) is preferred, but not required.
- Requires at least 4 years verifiable work experience. Must possess the necessary experience to safely and accurately perform the functions of the job as shown above.
- Must have knowledge of mechanical systems and be skilled at working with hand and power tools.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
- Must remain calm in emergency situation to ensure safety of crew.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Current Well Control Certificate is required. Must be updated before expiration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting materials (maximum 100 pounds), carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, working at elevated heights, stooping, kneeling, repeated bends, crawling, reaching high and low, and repetitive twisting or pressure, involving wrist and hands. Hearing, seeing (including depth perception and peripheral vision), ability of rapid mental coordination simultaneously. Must be able to tolerate continuous vibrations and elevated noise levels as well as tolerate wearing personal protective equipment, including, but not limited to, a hard hat, steel toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness. Mentally alert for entire regular shift.
Must be able to work 12 hours per day, 14 days on and 14 days off. Will be required to work 12 hour shift without checking cell phone. Will be required to travel various dock location along the Gulf Coast for crew change. You may be subject to extreme temperatures during winter and summer months. Exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, (such as tanks, pits, vessels, etc.) chemicals, mud, mud additive, grease and oils. Will be required to work from ladders/ scaffolds, and other various heights. Will be required to work with teams of employees and working alone.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and other in vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guest.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.