Skills: Electrical Technician, Electrician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: Commensurate with relevant education and experience
Location: Alvin, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Under general supervision and within an assigned area is responsible for a variety of tasks involved in troubleshooting, testing, maintaining, installing repairing, calibrating and operating electrical and pneumatic instrumentation elements associated with oil and gas production facilities. May establish new electrical services to production sites. Conducts surveys and tests, gathering data and preparing reports and has the ability to read plot plans, diagrams, and specific prints. Works to maintain electrical system quality and safety and should be capable of training less experience Technicians. Typically requires at least five years of experience. Work may require standing, stooping, walking, climbing, carrying instruments weighing up to 40 pounds, and wearing various personal protective equipment.
- Required essential functions include:
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the instrumentation and electrical systems associated with the CO2 production facilities, test sites, and wells.
- Competent knowledge of various types of pumps and compressors driven mainly with electric motors.
- Review and analyze problems associated with electrical and instrumentation equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of the daily activities, including critical safety and regulatory documentation as it pertains to instrumentation and electrical systems.
- Recognize potential hazards to operations and provide protection for both human beings and equipment.
- Ensure that operations conducted under their control or supervision complies with DRI's HSE policies and/or governing agencies.
- Ability to read PID's and electrical schematics
- Basic understanding of SCADA system
- Competent in all areas and capable of handling most problems except those requiring engineering assistance
- Must be familiar with control logic PLC and electric motor controls with some pneumatic experience.
- Must reside within 45-minute drive of field
- Mandatory callout schedule
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office, etc.
- Valid driver's license and ability to meet background check requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED
**Must live within 45 miles of Alvin, TX**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.