An integral part of the team, responsible for all aspects of procurement related activities against client requirements, contracts, ensuring budgeted margin is maintained and approved. A hands on approach, dealing directly with vendors, concentrating on critical suppliers in accordance with company quality processes and procedures.
A proven track record in procurement is essential with particular emphasis on the sourcing of "one off purchases" to add value for all parties.
Roles & responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain relationships with clients, supplier and internal stakeholders.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with Clients, first point of contact for any disputes and ensure queries are resolved efficiently.
• Process customer enquiries.
• Source, select and negotiate for the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms and deliveries and services with suppliers of non-stock materials for customer requirements.
• Strong sourcing skills - Ability to identify the manufacturer of the goods and source direct.
• Strong technical skills - Ability to identify the manufacturer, source the goods direct or offer alternatives.
• Placing purchase orders on suppliers to fulfill customers' requirements.
• Achieve material delivery and process deadlines.
• Ensure QA requirements are met - data sheets and test certificates to be supplied with relevant goods.
• Ensure compliance with company and client quality management system.
• Ensure component, standard cost and lead time are maintained within the Sage system.
• Ensure customer problems or queries are resolved efficiently.
• Secondment of procurement and technical support to third parties.
• Attend client / supplier meetings if required.
• Supplier contract management.
• Introduce cost saving measures and alternative stock lines.
• Margin management with an aim to move client to cost less.
• Sourcing and procurement of stock items.
• Review of month end stock results and offer feedback.
• Assist with tender pricings as and when required.
• Ensure that all procedures are compiled with and all actions are auditable.
• Ensure that all procedures in relation to the transportation of dangerous goods are complied with.
• Ability to work within a busy department and cope with the pressure of meeting demanding targets and working to tight deadlines.
• Answering of telephones.
• Assist with other duties in the sales office as required.
• Business Degree/CIPS qualified/NEVI
• 5 years' experience in a similar role
• Ability to work within a busy environment, meeting demanding targets and working to tight deadlines
• Competent with Microsoft Office Packages
• Fluent in Dutch and English, both spoken and written
• Experience within the maintenance, repair and operating supplies (MRO).