Skills: HR - General
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
WorleyParsons is recruiting a Learning & Development Manager to join our team in Aberdeen City Centre on a full-time, permanent basis.
- Be an ambassador for WorleyParsons beliefs and values when it comes to all aspects of Learning & Development.
- Create a L&D strategy that aligns to business needs and objectives, ensuring that we are Future ready. This role will support the entire UK location and will need to be solution focused across different business lines.
- Support the business with:
- All Talent Management & Development activities
- Management of Apprenticeships & Traineeships
- Graduate intake and programme execution
- ECITB relationship management
- Annual performance management cycle
- Identify the development needs of the business through a range of techniques (TLNA, analysis of data, feedback, observation, business/strategic objectives)
- Enable the use of a wide range of training methods including internal learning sessions, e-learning, mentoring scheme, job shadowing etc as well as embedding our 70/20/10 training approach
- Establish formal interface points between the company and ECITB/SDS to ensure consistent and clear communication to effectively manage the relationship
- Participate as part of the wider People function and align L&D with the wider strategic priorities of the People function and the wider business
- Understand and prioritize delivery of the L&D Agenda including Graduate Recruitment, ECITB levy reclaim, Talent & Performance Management
- Manage the ECITB grant support available to ensure the maximum level of return for all parts of the company's in-scope operations
- Provide L&D solutions for the UK business to meet our wider development goals and any specific functional goals as they arise.
- Negotiate cost effective targeted spend on L&D offerings that provide value to the business and add to organisational learning
- GDO alignment across the UK location
- Participate in global and regional initiatives and roll outs
- Maintain smooth running of the company's L&D offerings across the organisation such as the Skills Development offering, Management Development program as well as other coaching and mentoring platforms
- Other professional duties as required
- CIPD Chartered Member or equivalent experience
- A level/Higher English or equivalent
- GCSE/Standard Grade Mathematics or equivalent
- Degree qualified any subject
- PGD HR Management
- Generalist HR or L&D experience at Manager Level
- Developmental planning and coaching experience
- Essential experience can be over-ridden for potential cross-functional move for individuals with high potential
- Experience in Learning and Development or Organisational Development
- Experience of a matrix organisation
- Experience of a fast paced evolving organisation
- Supervisory experience - ability to lead and manage others