Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Skills: Geophysicist, Geoscientist
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: China
COMPANY: INTERNATIONAL OIL & GAS COMPANY
POSITION: SENIOR GEOPHYSICIST
Location: Shenzhen, CHINA
Due to expansion in E&P activities, an established International Oil & Gas Company is seeking to resource an experienced Lead Geophysicist.
This is a newly created key senior role within the organizational structure and will certainly offer career potential.
Summary of Role:
The Appointee will provide geophysical expertise and support for all aspects of the company's exploration and development activities. Reviews, interprets and maps seismic data relating to operated, non-operated and new venture projects. Provides an independent geophysical evaluation as part of an on-going technical review to enable a full commercial evaluation of all assets.
- Designs, plans, supervises and manages geophysical acquisition and processing programs.
- Undertakes seismic structural interpretation, mapping and seismic attribute studies using workstation interpretation, and mapping and cartographic software to identify drillable, economic prospects.
- Recommends exploration, appraisal and development well locations that satisfy corporate aims.
- Prepares and presents technical papers on behalf of the company at industry technical conferences.
- Designs, plans and manages appropriate external geophysical work programs and studies.
- Performs geophysical studies using workstation and PC-based software, and writes technical reports in conjunction with team members and support staff.
- Represents Company at Technical and Operating Committee Meetings, workshops, farmout presentations and industry technical conferences.
- Exploration data Management
Required Experience / Qualifications
- University Degree in Geoscience
- 10 - 15 years' experience as a Geophysicist, preferably with both large and small Oil & Gas companies
- Seismic acquisition, extensive seismic processing and 2D and 3D interpretation work.
- Experience of exploration and field development projects.
- Relevant geotechnical software application.
- Fluent written and spoken English (Mandatory)
The appointee will be invited to join the Company's Chinese permanent staff payroll. The importance of this key role will be reflected in the salary and benefits package. Relocation allowance.
Interviews : As soon possible - an early appointment will be made.
On receipt of your response, detailed client information / job description / employment terms will be forwarded.
Please forward detailed copy of CV in English with contact telephone number home in domicile country by email (as an attachment in Microsoft Word Format) to AMA Energy Management Recruitment Consultancy, UK Tel: +44 (0)1189 465 882, Recruitment email: email@example.com. Quote Ref: AD263 - Senior Geophysicist - Shenzhen.